Chapter thirteen

Midnight movies

Bella roamed through the many parked cars and listened to the soft cinematic air

Bella roamed through the many parked cars and listened to the soft cinematic air. Observing the kids as they ignored the beauty relaying just a few metres in front of them. It felt different to see the drive in suddenly packed of people, when normally it was nothing but a run down field.

She spotted a line of bikes and slowly groaned in annoyance, knowing how the Northside would react.

"Crashing a party? Doesn't seem like your style." Bella called out as she headed toward them, smirking as a few turned round in shock.

"PB, long time no see." Joaquin raised his eyebrows, shuffling to the side as the new girl came into the circle.

"What can I say? I like keeping on my feet." Bella nodded with a vague response, running her hand along the cold metal of one of the bikes.

"Why can't you do that at Southside High Bella, You're not going soft are you?" A new voice sounded, Toni Topaz. Bella grinned as she noticed the pink haired serpent, standing relativity close to her Brother.

"Somebody's got to keep an eye on the runaway." She replied, glancing at the shack jughead was most likely in alone.

"Last time I checked, you were the run away." Sweetpea chided sarcastically, grinning at his sisters short glare.

"You're funny Sweetpea. Why don't you become a comedian." Jessebelle quickly retorted, backing away with a smirk and quickly scurried to the shack.

She could feel the looks of many of the teen serpents as she knocked on the door and waited. It only opened ajar, but enough for Bella to try and pry her way in. Jughead Jones glanced at his visitor, feeling her pushing the door wider open.

With haste, he had leapt out of the small building and swung the door shut. Bella opened her mouth to question the bizarre behaviour, but was cut off as she was caught off guard yet again. Jughead Jones grabbed her hand and began pulling her toward the shop allocated on the otherside of the grounds.

Without a word, Bella simply glanced back in confusion before noticing the angered glare radiating from her brother.

"Are they going out?" Jack, another serpent, questioned into the cold air. Sweetpea snapped his gaze to the boy, his hands balled into fists.

"No." He muttered, already feeling a calming touch on his arm. Jack grinned as he leant against one of the many bikes, drawing back his lip as he watched the fleeting figure of the petite brunette.

"Good." Was all he replied, but it was enough for Sweetpea to retaliate. Toni kept a hold of his arm as he stepped toward the serpent, shaking his head.

"Not happening."

Once the pair stopped, the hold on her hand had vanished. Bella looked at the tall boy in confusion, eyeing the food stand that they suddenly queued up for.