Chapter Six

Before the storm

Bella strolled into school the next morning, amused that all the stares now rested on the cherry blossom known as Cheryl

Her tattoo was slightly popping out from under her shirt, but no one dared to notice with new revelations from the blossom death.

The locker creaked as she chucked all of the rotting books back into its confinement's, ignoring any person who dared to watch her movements.

People were still on edge of her arrival, ofcourse they would be. A girl slipped off the face of the earth for two years, the worst things fathomed, but now she was back.

And people had to get over it.

A rough hand grabbed her bicep and pulled her down the hallway, slamming her locker shut in the mean time.
Bella was about to rebel, but the beanie spiked curiosity and so she followed limply in his footpath.

"What am I doing here?" She muttered as she was pushed into a classroom, covered in dust and sheets.

"You're a visionary Bella. Albeit a dark one." Betty beamed as she shook off yet another tarp from the desk.

"You're here to help." Jughead answered, a smug smile gracing his features as he watched her glare.

"This might be a shock to you two, but I don't help people. And I don't think my..." Bella began to retort, flashing jughead a look.

"My family would like me helping whatever this is." She finished, waving to the old computers lining the room.

"It's the blue and gold." Betty explained, a bit too chipper for a morning.

"Oh so like the red and black. Yeah there's a reason that didn't work out." Bella smirked, pulling back her dark painted lips in a wicked grin.

"What's the red and..." Betty began, eyebrows furrowed as she slapped her hands against her body to rid herself of dust.

"Don't worry about it." Jughead cut the blonde off, eyeing the brunette in warning as she smiled sweetly toward him in faux innocence.

"Okay. well Juggy has already agreed to help writing. I want you to-" Betty prodded with a cheesy smile, licking her pink lips in hesitance.

"Absolutely not." Pea retorted, turning around and instantly heading to the door.

Jughead quickly wound his grip around her arm once again and kept her static with a raise of his eyebrows.
The girl huffed but stayed put and waited for further explanation.

"Thank you so much." Betty smiled eagerly, taking her bored gaze as an agreement to help out.

"I'm only taking a couple pictures, and nothing preppy I don't do school cheer." Bella shot back digging her hands into her pockets with a low sigh.

Jughead chuckled as he headed for the door, leaning against the frame and waiting for the girl to follow.

"Come on, Pea. We have a Boy Scout troupe to investigate."

*****

The day fled by in an instant and Bella couldn't be more pleased that school felt like a fleeting summer vacation for a mere moment.

The next day caused a storm of whirlwinded chaos for the girls of Riverdale High, and Bella wasn't about to be taken with the wind.

•••

So, what do you think?