Chapter twenty seven

Presents and parties

Jessebelle Rhodes sat on the Andrews kitchen countertop with a slice of pizza entrapped in her jaw and a giddy look flickering in her eyes

"A John Landis double feature at the Bijou; American werewolf in London and The animal house." Jughead pointed out with a smirk, snatching another piece of pizza from the steaming tray. Bella nodded eagerly, wiping away the red sauce dripping from her chin and jumping down from her seat.

"Thats awesome Jug..." Archie started, forcing the two southsiders to stop and turn suspiciously. Archie had noticed the close proxemics of the two teens over the past couple of days, even then with jugheads hand delicately resting on Bellas back supposedly hidden in plain sight.

"You two are going to go just you tonight, if thats alright?" The red head mumbled, quickly swallowing the lump of pizza he had chowed on immediately after it left the oven. The two paused, unable to comprehend what the boy had said and fearful of what a movie alone would infer.

"But its always been us three. This year was meant to be like when we were younger." Bella whined, trying hard not to stomp her feet like a child. Jughead rolled his eyes, his mind ticking eagerly with what awaited them at the theatre.

"I'm sorry guys." Archie apologised, trying to hide the ulterior motives to his deceit. Bella opened up her mouth to retort, to not take no as an answer, but soon enough a large hand had clasped against her lips.

"Its okay, Archie. I'm sure we can handle one cinema sitting without you." Jughead nodded, pulling the girl backward as she licked his palm to try and get rid of his hand clamped to her face. Her small hands pulled at his, letting a small morsel of air passed her lips in a gasp.

"This is betrayal I tell you, betrayal!" She called out through mumbled breaths before being dragged out of the house and into the cold night air.

*****

For a Friday night, the Bijou was scarce of people. popcorn buckets littered the floor along with a buttery substance staining most of the seats, but the pair didn't mind the wretched smell slithering through the room as the movie flickered on in front of them.

It wasn't the same as the drive in, but the close proxemics was a new feeling Bella craved and the rusted seats allowed that. Jughead had his arm slung over her shoulder as she nestled into his warmth, laughing quietly as the old actors cried out in faux horror from the werwolf advancing on screen.

Jughead couldn't help but stare down at the girl snatching popcorn out of his bag every few minutes, watching as her shoulders bounced as she chuckled at all the small insignificant things she thought were funny. From her haze of laughter she noticed the boy watching her funny, and squinted her eyes in his direction.

"What? Have I got something on my face?" She mumbled, her expression falling flat and her hand running down her cheeks as if to catch whatever was snatching his interest. The boy shook his head, a small smile on his lips as he almost completely forgot where they were.

His head dipped and soon his lips were caught between hers. The movie fed into the background but soon enough the surroundings became mute, never had little bella rhodes thought she would be so enticed in one being, yet somehow here Jughead Jones was taking all of her attention.

*****

The night sky blanketed riverdale as the stars littered the sky. Bella smiled as she huddled into Jugheads jumper for warmth, balancing on her toes as they stood outside the Andrews House. His large hands softly rested on her cheeks and the cold air suddenly became warm.

She could feel her heart tug as his touch sent a thousand shocks of electricity through her skin like a lightening rod to metal. The kiss deepened and bella wanted nothing more than to get inside where there were no prying eyes, except one person caught her mind.

"Archies probably inside." She hummed as jughead began to kiss her jawline. the boy chuckled lowly amused at what was running through her thoughts.

"He's probably making a new love ballad in the garage we'll be fine." He whispered as his hand reached for the door knob, hesitating slightly from opening it. Bella nodded, bringing the boys lips back up to meet hers and ushered him to open the rickety old door.

The lights were off in the house and everything was shrouded in darkness, but the pair didn't care. Bella let the door roll shut and moved her head slightly to find the light switch. As her fingers glided down the button her breath stopped and her eyes went wide like she were a deer caught in the headlights, because thats how she felt.

"Oh fuck." She blurted out, tapping the boy frantically on his shoulder as he continued to litter tiny kisses across her collarbone.

"If you insist." He chuckled lowly, his voice tickling against her skin as Bella almost choked from embarrassment.

"No, Jug! I meant; oh fuck!" Bella cried out, hitting the teen harder and forcing him to look up in confusion. Stood in the living room, with giant eyes and slacked jaws; stood Veronica Lodge, Betty Cooper, Archie Andrews, Joaquin, Ethel Muggs, and Kevin Keller. All looked extremely bemused except one, with his red hair basically on fire and his gaze narrowed to the two startled teens, Archie was fuming.

"Really, guys. In my house?"

•••

49k!