Chapter twenty five

New beginnings

Jessebelle Rhodes and Jughead Jones had gone to investigate FP on Jason's murder like Betty had asked them too

Jessebelle Rhodes and Jughead Jones had gone to investigate FP on Jason's murder like Betty had asked them too. It was a dead end, they had already known about the drug trafficking Jason was hired to do. And FP denied any involvement in the boys death.

The pair were wrapped in the cold night air, the wind acting as a blanket as it draped across their skin. Words were left unsaid between the pair, and it wasn't just because of the new lead Betty had wanted them to take or Bellas secret life collapsing around her.

The pair stood by the rickety door to Bellas apartment block, hidden in plain sight beside the graffiti that littered the walls of her building. Bellas cheeks were red, and she was unsure whether it was because of the cold night or because of the pairs close proxemics.

Everything was changing.

Since Bella had returned to riverdale, nothing was left unaltered. Archie Andrews had become somewhat of a Scooby doo infused maniac. Betty Cooper was finally metamorphosing out of being just the grade A student. And Bella Rhodes was finally allowed to be who she was.

but that wasn't it.

The way the pair acted was slowly changing too. Their sibling like bond had broken as soon as Jessebelle had fled the town two or so years ago. And suddenly all she could see when she looked at the boy stood quietly in front of her, was everything.

The way the street lamps shone in his dark eyes. The way his beanie clung to his head as if it was apart of his anatomy. The way he smiled when she looked up at him with her usual smirk. Yeah, she noticed it all.

"Do you believe him, your dad?" She whispered, huddling into her own body for warmth as her hands tucked underneath her armpits. Jughead was hesitant but he nodded, watching her expression soften at his answer.

"Yeah, I do." He murmured, although his mind was riddled with confusion.

"Do you?" He asked cautiously, knowing the girl to spout honesty even when it wanted to go unheard. She smiled slightly, her hands falling as she touched his arm.

"I believe you Jug." She answered, not only his question but all of the fears building up in his thoughts. He nodded slightly, as if everything was finally falling into place.

He cupped her cheeks, allowing his warm touch to flitter through her cheeks and send an ambush of red. And he leant closer, taking in her shocked expression as if she knew what was happening.

And he kissed her.

What felt like a cage of lions roared to life in the pit of jessebelles stomach, her mind going numb as she slowly reciprocated the action. It took a moment for her to collect her thoughts, but she had never realised the satisfaction she would get from kissing him.

It was as if she had waited years, and finally all of her caged emotions were running wild in her body. And she had never felt more at home, stood in the cold night air outside her rundown apartment, kissing the boy she never knew she loved.

•••

It finally happened