Chapter twenty eight

Sinners and Saints

The surprise party had been crashed, with red solo cups littering the floor and confetti lodged in peoples party outfits, everything had spiralled out of control

Bella had quickly taken Jugs flannel in exchange for her top and tied it into a knot, attempting to create a party outfit out of nothing.

Neither teen wanted such a 'rave' to unfold in a quaint suburban house, and soon enough it became clear neither did Archie Andrews who had orchestrated the entire thing. Jughead had slipped away, with Bella trailing after him, into the garage hidden behind the party.

"I hate this." He muttered as the door creaked ajar and he sauntered over to the sofa nestled into the corner.

"Just wait until everyones too pissed to notice, and we will sneak out." Bella noted hesitating by the doorframe as she glanced to the mayhem happening just a few metres into the darkness. Jughead chuckled as she clicked the door shut and wandered over to the boy slouched in the chair.

"Didn't realise you were so cold and calculating Bella." He mumbled as his lips tugged upward, shuffling slightly as she fell onto his lap with a fake huff of shock.

"I'm a snake, what do you expect?" She replied, tucking a loose strand of hair away from her face. The air was calm for a moment, eerily normal when surrounded by such chaos that was infused into the party. The boy hummed a response, following her fingertips with his own and playing with the brunette strands that had gently curled underneath his grasp.

"Want to fini-." He began to murmur a smirk growing on his lips. The door slammed open and in stormed FP Jones, breaking the quiet air surrounding the pair with a sudden pulse of energy.

"Happy birthday Jughead!" He cheered with a large box in his hands and a smug smile resting on his lips.

"Am I interrupting something?" He pressed, eyeing the pair suspiciously as Bella tried to squirm up to stand. Jugheads hand fell on to her waist and sent her to freeze, a sudden lump in her throat.

"No." She smiled forcefully, as Jughead answered in a begrudging tone, "Yes."

The older man snickered in response, shaking the present in his hand slightly with a knowing smile.

"Where can I put this?" He asked, drawing attention to the oversized blue box shimmering in the garage lights. Jugheads grip tightened slightly on the girls hips as he stared at the unbelievably sized present and the overzealous smile of his father.

"Somewhere not here?" The boy muttered in response, the days events unravelling nothing but annoyance for the teen.

"Alright, alright. I can read in between the lines, I'll leave you in peace." The serpent chuckled before slipping out back into the mayhem of the Andrews house. As soon as the man was gone, Bella jumped up and straightened her top with a huff as the boy whined behind her.