Chapter One

Jessabelle

The South Side Serpents, a snake pit nestled in the shadows of riverdale

Their ways tore a once wholesome town to parts, leaving a civil war in its wake. Like all packs, The Serpents had its ranks. The lowlife thugs pushed to the bottom, and the founding vigilantes raising above the rest.

It took strength and pure white rage toward the north side to lead the ravenous pack. It was the reason Jessabelle had slipped away, venom trickling in her veins, but as an oath to her people as soon as danger called; she came sprinting back.

_____

With the serpent tattoo peaking out under her top, Jessebelle patted down her dark clothing.

"PB, I think this is stupid. Why would you want to cross the boarder into that rundown piece of junk called The North Side." Her Brother raved as he watched her braid her hair into a crown.

Bella sighed as she stared at the scrawny boy reflected in her cracked mirror, thoughts nagging at the back of her head.

"I told you Sweetpea, the boss wants me to keep those preppy kids from sticking their noses into our business. And if FP wants something, he gets it."
Her voice, although sounded soft and innocent, kept a dark tone as she jumped from her squeaking bedframe.

"But that school..." sweetpea continued, grunting slightly as his petite sister nudged past his frame.

"...Has a cafeteria with actual food." Bella grinned, rolling her eyes as he Brother only grumbled a response.

The pair hadn't split since birth, raised by their own, non biological family and promised to keep each other safe. The initiation was weird for them, having to let the other get hurt just to keep the jacket with their family name.

As far as Jessabelle was concerned, her name was Periwinkle (Pea) Serpent. And a change in school wouldn't change that.

•••

What do you guys think so far?

Her birth name is Jessabelle Rhodes.
The name given to her was Periwinkle. Because it's a poisonous plant and the girl is known for her poisonous side.