Chapter 56. Surprise

Start from the beginning

I then pick out my new out fit my mum bought me, it was a dress that was a sort of in between pink, purple and red with a black bow round the waist. I was wearing black tights underneath because it was cold my black high tops. I know I was meant to look all fancy but I really wanted to wear my new shoes and I thought they looked fine. I put on a black leather jacket and look at myself in the mirror. I had a little black bag that went over my shoulder and to be honest I thought I looked kinda pretty.

Me being me opened snapchat and took a mirror picture and wrote "Birthday Dinner❤️" and set it as my story. I went down stairs, checking my phone and seeing there is still no message from Rory. I look at all the stories in snapchat that had been updated.

Beth, Jack, Kristen, Lisa, Mia, Louise, Luke, Dean, a different Jack, Kieran, Leah and Rory.

So Rory can update his story but still doesn't send me a message.

I wasn't really bothered about stupid birthdays messages from anyone but I just feel as if he has forgotten. It bothers me that much because he is the most special person in my life and it would just be nice to hear from him I guess.

"You look lovely, ready to go?" My mum asks once I get down stairs. "Uhh yeah lets go." I say giving up on waiting for him to send something. "Get your head out that phone would you!?" My dad begs. At that moment Andy walked down the stairs in a smart little shirt and black trousers. I smile at him slightly as he smiles back. "My pleasure." I sigh placing it down on the table before walking out the front door to the car.

We arrive at the restaurant as only a tiny smile on my lips. I got to listen to my playlist in the car. We get shown to our table which had pink, purple and blue balloons attached to it. Those were my favourite colours.

"Look Holly, I'm so sorry Rory isn't here. But that's just the way it has to be. You heard how sorry he was as well. I'm sure he would have loved to came home to see you. But hey at least all your other friends have spoken to you and you've seen all of our family so cheer up a little okay?" My mum smiles softly at me.

"Okay. I know your right. I just wish he was here, that's all. But I might be seeing Beth tonight anyway so that's good!" I smile.

It wasn't a 100% real one, but at least it made my family feel a bit better. I mean don't get me wrong I was so grateful for everything they have done today and I was so pleased with my presents, all round it's been a great day but I just could feel I was missing something.

Have you ever had that feeling in your heart where there is some sort of gap, whether it be big or small that's beside the point. But it's like a hole and you know there is someone or something out there that can fill that gap, the only problem is you can't have it. The more you long for it, the bigger the gap feels.

It's like a broken toy. You can try mend it with pva glue, sellotape, blue tack but no matter what you use, in the end it always ends up just falling apart again. Because even though you hoped that would work you knew deep down that what you really needed, was super glue. Rory was my super glue and I just needed a little bit of him to mend me. Just to hear his voice or feel his hug, even for a split second would do the trick. That would help mend the gap in my heart.

I do think up some shit sometimes.

"Mum did you see the thing Andy put on Instagram for me?" I question eating away at my dinner. "No I haven't? What did it say?" She asks. "Well I would read it to you but I don't have my phone with me." I say. "Andy let Holly see your phone would you?" My dad asks.

Andy pulls the phone out of his pocket and hands it over. I log onto my Instagram and find the picture. It was of me and him when I was five and he was only two and I was hugging him and we were sitting on the floor, we were both laughing. It was a pretty cute photo.

"It says 'Happy Birthday to my big sister Holly! I know this year has been a strange one with a lot of ups and downs for all of us but I was lucky enough to have had you by my side the whole way. You annoy me so much and are a huge pain in the butt at most times but when you are actually kind to me, your alright. We have so many stupid memories and stories to tell and I am glad to have lived them with such a fun yet stupid older sister. I hope you like your present that I got you and I hope you have the best day cause truthfully you deserve it. Love you sis😘✌️'"

"Aww Andy that was really cute!" Mum gushes. "Shut up!" He whines.

My dad laughs and just shakes his head at us probaly wondering why he got stuck with such a strange family.

"See Holly, you have your brother being all cute, you don't need any stupid boys for that!" My dad says. We all laugh but Andy looks slightly annoyed. "Uhh I think I will stick to my boy thanks." I laugh. "Your boy?" Andy raises and eyebrow at me. "You know what I mean." I state trying to cover up my little mistake. He lets out a little chuckle and a non believing roll of his eyes. "So have you even heard from Rory today?" Dad asks. "No but I'm sure he's just been busy. Now can we please not talk about my...I mean Rory."

We finish our dinner and start to head home. Dad said he wanted to go buy something at the shop. I really just want to go home and get Beth over maybe and watch movies in bed. But of course we had to go to asda.

Well this is a boring way to end my birthday.

Authors Note

I updated again tonight yay!

Poor Holly is missing Rory but little does she know he is setting up a party for her. I don't know if asda was the best place to go, slightly boring but okay. Anyway thanks so much for reading!