"I know, and this one doesn't involve dancing too but-"

"Then no,"

"You get to work with me thought," Rayne quipped, biting her lip. Jimin stopped rummaging through his drawers, and glanced at her with curious eyes. She had his attention now.

"But you said it doesn't involve dancing," Jimin stated, confused.

"No, it doesn't, it's secretarial work,"

"Jesus Rayne, do you hate me or something?" Jimin exclaimed. "A secretary! Now you're just mocking me or some shit like that,"Jimin couldn't deny the fact that he was a little jealous of his best friend. Since quitting the club, Rayne got to dance and sing and perform. That was all Jimin ever wanted in his whole life, but somethings maybe just weren't meant to be.

"Just hear me out would you!" Rayne cried, looking to Jimin with a pleading look.

"You have five minutes to peak my interest. I have clients,"

"Look, Hoseok's boss really needs an assistant to help him out, they're in a really stressful time and you've really good at staying organized and I thought you were perfect for the job. You helped me study in high school for my exams, or like when you helped Joy apply to college and pass her midterms so that she could work towards that dream job of hers. Or when you organized Lena's going away party because she got married. You're good at it Jimin, they could really use your help."

"But it's not dancing." Jimin sighed, leaning against the cold wall. "I can dance here, Rayne," he added softly. "I can do what I love here..." Rayne scowled, and slumped against his couch.

"I hate this place," she mumbled.

"I know," Jimin was all to familiar with her hatred towards the club.She'd worked here longer than Jimin had. She had been the one to show him around when he first arrived. She hated the way the men looked looked at her, eyeing her like a piece of meat while she dance. To them, she was just an object; a toy that they could throw money at in hopes of seeing her naked. Rayne had always wanted more than to be apiece of eye candy, dancing her life away for money just to make ends meet. So when she met Hoseok, and he offered her an escape, she took it, and never once looked back.

"I want you to do what you love, Jimin," Rayne sighed, tossing the folder beside her. "But I don't want you to do it half naked on a stage for men who are old enough to be your father. You have so much talent and you're stuck here with a pole for a dance partner. That's not the life I want for my best friend. I want so much more for you. And I know that secretarial work isn't dancing and that it's not fun, but if it goes well, maybe Hoseok could pull some strings and get you an audition."

Jimin's expression softened slightly. "You'd really do that for me?"

"Mmm hmm. I'm sure I could get them to let you audition for once of the dance groups. I've shown some of your old dance videos to Hobi and he thinks you have a lot of talent too. I just...baby steps? Get away from the club first, audition second. Who knows, maybe we'll get to work together again one day. But this time, it'll be on a bigger, proper stage." Rayne stood up from her spot. "I've already talked to Hoseok about letting you have the job. All you have to do is call the number on the file, and they'll take care of the rest. You start Monday if you agree."

"I don't know Rayne, I can't just quit the club...what if it doesn't work out for me, then I'll be really fucked,"

"I'm not saying you have to quit the club...at least not yet. Just try it,for me?" Rayne asked, coming up towards Jimin, and wrapping her arms around his neck. He glanced down at his best friend with a solemn look. "Please, please, please," She begged with a pout. Jimin let out a deep sigh.

"I'll think about it," he breathed, eliciting an excited squeal from Rayne. She tightened her grip around his neck in a tight hug.

"THANK YOU!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jimin mused, rolling his eyes. "I'm not making any promises, though." Rayne shrugged, letting her grip loosen.

"You're the best Jimin," she giggled, kissing his cheek. "I'll see you on Monday," and with a spin on her heel she was skipping out the door before Jimin could protest.

"I didn't say I would take the job!" Jimin cried, sticking his head out into the hall. But Rayne was long gone, leaving Jimin alone in the hallway. He made a face, and shook his head. Rayne was going to be the death of him.

Jimin stumbled into his apartment later than usual for a Friday night. He had more clients than the rest of the girls and didn't end up leaving the club until four in the morning. By the time that he'd caught the bus, and made it home it was almost five. He kicked his shoes off by the door, dropped his bags, and didn't even bother trying to shower off the stench of sweat and sex. Jimin would shower when he woke up. Jimin would just be thankful to curl up in his own bed, eager to get off his feet. They were killing him with how sore they were. He just hobbled towards his room, and collapsed on his bed in utter exhaustion. He didn't bother with the covers, and removing his clothes. He was out the moment his head hit the pillow.

When he did awake, it was almost four in the afternoon, and his cat Momo was pawing gently at his face with her paw. She meowed once, before nuzzling her face against his cheek. "Good morning," he mutter to the cat, rolling onto his side. She meowed again. "Okay, I'm up," Jimin replied. He sat up in his bed with a yawn and stretched.

He swung his legs off the side of his bed, and padded out into the hall,making his way for the kitchen. Momo followed closely by his feet. He scooped the cat up and set her down on the kitchen counter, before rummaging through the cupboard for some cat food. While she ate, Jimin dished out some cereal for himself, and ate that.

It wasn't until Jimin was finished eating that he noticed the file folder resting atop his bag. Confused, he walked over to it, and picked it up. He flicked the cover open, and skimmed through the file inside. Memories of last night flooded his brain as he recalled his visit from Rayne. He remembered how she asked him to consider taking a job working for Hoseok's friend, and Jimin made a face as he stared down at the folder. "And I know that secretarial work isn't dancing and that it's not fun, but if it goes well, maybe Hoseok could pull some strings and get you an audition."  The promise of a possible audition stuck with Jimin as he made his way back to the kitchen counter to put away his dishes. Rayne was right. Secretarial work wasn't dancing. But if it could get him an audition to be a dancer than maybe....

With a sigh, he set the folder down on the counter, eyes searching for some sort of number he could call. It bothered him at how easily she knew him. Rayne knew damn well that he would agree to the job, and that's why she said she's see him on Monday. He shook his head, but couldn't help the smile that graced his face.

He finally found the number at the bottom of the page, and typed it into his phone. He didn't have to wait long, because on the third ring, someone answered. "Hi, this is Jung Kimi, how may I help you?"

"Um, hi..." Jimin mumbled into the phone. "My name is Park Jimin and-"

"Rayne's friend?" the woman said, interrupting him.

"Yes, Rayne's friend," He could practically hear the woman smirking on the other end of the line.

"She said you would call. You're interested about the job offer?"

"Yes," Jimin replied. "Yes, I am."

sorry it's taken me so long to get this chapter out, life is a lot right now, plus it's exam week. i hope you all love the chapter tho!