Side Chapter: School Life, Bloody Life

*Just a series of one shots. Enjoy.*

Seth was currently sitting on an bench, listening to some music on his scroll via headphones. While he wasn't necessary a fan of the genre (or music in general), the song was just too catchy for even him to deny.

His peace and quiet, however, was about to be ruined. Not by RWBY, not by JNPR, not even Sun. It was his own damn team.

Yuzuriha: I need a hero!

Orie: I'm holding out for a hero until the end of the night!

Hyde: *pulls a microphone out of nowhere* He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast, and he's gotta be fresh from the fight!

Seth: I hate you all... *walks away*

Hyde/Orie/Yuzuriha: I need a hero!!!

*Timeskip brought to you by chibi Hyde, Orie and Yuzuriha singing with a crowd of students watching*

Hyde was in the cafeteria, struggling to keep a certain red reaper off him, due to her having several questions about his weapon. She was practically clinging to his leg, refusing to let go. Hyde didn't have any of his teammates to help him, so he had to be as straight and secretive as he possibly could.

Ruby: What's it made of?!

Hyde: I don't know.

Ruby: How do you fire those disc thingies?!

Hyde: I...channel my Aura through my sword.

Ruby: How do you pull it out of your body?!

Hyde: Classified information.

Ruby: *pouts* Come on, tell me!

Hyde: No.

Ruby: Tell me!

He sweated a bit, seeing this was a question she definitely wanted him to answer. He looked around for any type of distraction, eventually finding a chocolate chip cookie on his plate. He grabbed the cookie and held it high. Ruby immediately let go of his leg and tried reaching for it. Hyde quickly got up to keep it out of her reach.

Hyde: Down, girl!

What he didn't expect was for Ruby to sit on the ground like a dog.

Ruby: Arf arf!

Hyde: (O...kay...?) Give me your paw. *extends his hand*

She reached out and briefly held his hand. Hyde briefly blushed at the contact.

Hyde: Roll over.

She briefly rolled on the floor, once in one direction and once in the other.

Hyde: Play dead.

She layed on the floor, arms and legs high in the air, her face adorably pretending to look dead.

Hyde: Speak.

Ruby: Cookie!

Hyde: Good girl! *throws the cookie*

Ruby immediately used her semblance to chase down the cookie like it was the most important thing in the world. Seeing his chance at escaping, Hyde ran off with his tail between his legs.

*Timeskip brought to you by chibi Ruby chasing chibi Hyde*

Feeling awkward wasn't unusual for Jaune Arc. He felt it every day, from his daily life with his sisters, to every day at Beacon. But this very moment had to be one of the most awkward moments in interaction history.