Chapter 10: Jaunecide

Combat class was currently underway, and the current match...really wasn't that fun to watch. Jaune was currently fighting Cardin Winchester, and he had failed to land a single hit. It was sad, to be honest.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead bo-Oof!

The young Arc failed to finish his sentence as he was kneed in the gut, dangerously close to where the sun didn't shine. A good amount of the guys flinched at the sight. Hell, even Seth showed slight discomfort. Before Cardin could strike again, the buzzer rang.

Glynda: That's enough. Mr. Arc, you are far too aggressive for some carrying a shield. I recommend you practice a more balanced fighting style. As for you, Mr. Winchester, you are too violent for a sparring match. Not to mention that you were incredibly sloppy throughout the fight. Against any decent opponent, you would have been defeated.

Jaune looked ashamed as Cardin just scoffed. As they left the podium, Glynda checked her scroll.

Glynda: It seems we have enough time for another match. Our next combatants are Yang Xiao Long from team RWBY and Yuzuriha from team HOYS.

Hyde and Ruby gulped as the two combatants stepped up to the podium.

Hyde: So, um...how good is your sister?

Ruby: Depends. How good is Yuzuriha with that sword?

Hyde: ...Shit.

Yang and Yuzuriha did some mild stretches.

Yang: Ready to lose?

Yuzuriha: Sorry, but Ayame and I don't know the definition of defeat!

Hyde: (Didn't I beat her?)

Glynda: Begin!

Yang fired some shells from Ember Celica, seeing how her opponent would react. As Yuzuriha lacked projectiles, this gave her an advantage. The demon swords woman sliced the shells like butter before putting Ayame back in the sheath.

Yang: (There goes my projectile advantage...)

She charged forward with a Burning Gold, using her gauntlets for momentum. Yuzuriha managed to avoid the attack and delivered a swift slash to Yang's leg, making her fall on one knee. As soon as the blonde turned around, she was smacked across the jaw by Ayame's hilt. The sound that resonated throughout the classroom did not fail to establish how badly it must have hurt. Several students couldn't help but rub their own jaws seeing that.

Hyde: Damn...!

Nora: Did you see that Ren! She went like, whoosh! And then, slash! And then, smack!

Ren: Yes, Nora. I saw.

Yang rubbed her jaw as she got up, getting back into a fighting position. Yuzuriha briefly pointed at Nora in the crowd.

Yuzuriha: I like her.

Yang went in for another punch. Yuzuriha did a vertical slash in hopes of keeping her at a distance, but Yang saw it coming. She stopped mid charge, side stepped, and fired a shell that struck right in the gut. The young In-Birth grunted in pain as her back hit the dirt.

Yuzuriha: Dammit, these are white pants...

Yang used Ember Celica to launch herself into the air before sending herself downward at high speed, going for a strong strike from above. Yuzuriha, seeing it coming, rolled out of the way, but got blown back by the resulting mini explosion. The moment Yang landed, she fired a few more shells which were all sliced into pieces by Ayame. The two young women smirked at each other.