Book 2 || Chapter 8

[a/n] if it's in italics it's Carlie's thoughts unless it's in quotation marks then it's the character speaking in emphasis.

Thank you so much for 36k reads!! That's so freaking insane!! I can't believe some of you actually like this book 😂 tysm for reading, voting, and commenting 💞

anyways continue reading :)

__

"And you're sure you can handle it?" I asked. There was a short pause, "of course, we'll book flights tonight and pick her up tomorrow morning"

I sighed in relief, a good home for the little girl, what better home than my own? I had contacted Rosalie and asked her about it because I know how its her dream to have a child. She was hesitant at first due to the fact that I hadn't contacted any of them in a while but once I told her what had happened she agreed.

Without any responsibilities I could finally focus on the task I had to fulfill. I didn't have the volturi cloak yet, i was still in my normal clothes.

Maybe that's the next step...

I didn't want to face Aro after the whole incident. He had this look on his face and I couldn't help but wonder if he knew something I didn't. It wouldn't help the situation at all if he knew I was here just to protect my family.. he'd most likely just kill me or something.

Someone knocks on the door and opens it. I roll my eyes, I never said you could come in. I look up and instantly regret it. Right in front of me is Alec.

Someone please shoot me.

I wait for him to say something and when he doesn't I sigh and stand up. "So was there a reason for you coming into my room? Or are you just going to stand there looking like an idiot?" I don't know what got over me but I was no longer my unproblematic self. Normally I wouldn't say anything to upset anyone but I just didn't even think about it.

He glances at me with a weird expression, "uh yeah, so how've you been?"

"Just peachy" I say with a fake smile. He notices how aggravated I am but he continues talking. "You sure?"

"I mean, I'm trying not to get killed and it's been working so far... so sure" I grimace at my dumb response. He nods slowly, why the heck did he come in here if all he's gonna do is ask me pointless questions.

"I have a girlfriend" he blurts out.

I scoff, "okay? What do you want from me? A congratulations?"

Why's he telling me? It's none of my business and it's not like we were ever a thing? Plus I don't care, I have way more important things to stress about than a dumb guy.

"I just thought you should know... and that whatever you think we are.. it was a mistake"

You soggy piece of toast.

"A mistake? Alright. Have fun with your little girlfriend" I say waving at him and shooing him out.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"Look buddy. I. Don't. Care. Just leave please." I try pushing him out but he doesn't budge. "Stop denying the fact that you're in love with me"

"Ha! In love with you? That's hilarious. You're really funny!" I laugh and push him out making him land on his butt. "You have to stop denying-" I cut him off by slamming the door shut.

One more second and I would've beat his ass.

I was about to jump onto the couch and relax when I hear yet another knock on my door. I drag my feet towards the door and open it.

"Follow me" a guard says.

I nod and do as he says. He leads me to the throne room motioning for me to go in. I see Aro sitting in one of the thrones with a glass of blood in his hand. He takes a sip of it and walks towards me.

"Please, won't you sit?"

I sit on one of the chairs bellow the thrones. "I'm guessing you're wondering why you're here?" I nod. "I have found out something that is simply unacceptable" he says.

"What is it?" I say frowning. I had to stick with my act or else he could catch me off guard.

"Someone has betrayed my trust." He shakes his head in disappointment.

"You must be wondering who it is"

I was about to speak when he cuts me off, "but you see... you already know who it is... very well in fact."

I decide to go along with my act even if he already knows the truth. "I know them?" I ask obliviously.

"Of course" he smiles, not a nice smile, a wicked one. He looks at me in the eye and says,

"And I'm looking at her right now"

[880 words]

Sorry for the short chapter I wasn't that inspired :/ the next chapter will hold all the answers about a lot of things :) and I'm getting a lot closer to the finale of the second book! It'll probably have a few more chapters, maybe 10 more? I'm not sure but thanks to all of you that vote and give me feedback on my writing I really appreciate it :)