Book 2 || Chapter 6

[aro's pov]

I walk towards my most trusted guard, whatever his name was, and said "I need you to show Carlie to her room" he nodded and left.

I went in my room and sat on the couch. My jaw clenched in anger, 'does she take me for a fool?!' I pulled myself together and decided to play along with all of this.

"You just messed with the wrong vampire" I muttered.

[reneesmes pov]

I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw the mess of a man in the living room. "Do you ever not roll your eyes?" Emmet asked. I rolled my eyes once more and sat down taking a sip of the orange juice I had just gotten. "I'm taking that as a no"

Edward came running into the living room and dragged me towards the kitchen, my eyes widened at the sudden gesture but I regained my posture and broke free from his grasp, annoyed at why he was in such a rush.

"What do you want Edward" I stated. He breathed in and said what had happened with Carlie extremely fast, faster than I could comprehend.

"Okay... now say it in English"

He cleared his throat and said, much more slower, "I think Carlie joined the Volturi" I dropped the glass I was holding and it shattered to pieces. "She did what now?"

"Oh my god do I have to repeat myself again?!" He yelled out exasperated. I crossed my arms across my chest, how dare she! I'm sure she's being pampered by them all because of her stupid abilities.

Edward narrowed his eyes at me, "that is not something to be proud of, she can't help it" I rolled my eyes, "whatever" I muttered.

"You can't be sure that she joined them though, can you?" Emmet asked. "Alice probably had a vision" I told him.

He looked at me weirdly, probably because I was never this nice to him. It probably seemed a bit suspicious, meh I don't care.

"We have to talk her out of it" Emmet said. I sighed, is he really that naive?

"You do realize she probably didn't want to be part of our family right? Or is that too much for you to comprehend?" I asked him bored about this whole thing. He rolled his eyes, "nice to see you've not changed"

"I think she has a plan" Edward said. Alice walked in and sat down, "problem is, I can't see Carlie anymore, it's all blurry"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "doesn't that only happen like around werewolves?"

"That's what I thought but I think something's blocking my visions, maybe it's something they gave her or she's just blocking them herself"

This is a lot, I don't think she'd be that stuck up and join the volturi just for the hell of it. I am her twin after all, I'm supposed to be the one who knows these things... but I don't.

[carlie's pov]

I had been in the dining room for more than two hours and I was wondering what I was supposed to do. 'Maybe I should ask for a room or something?' I thought. I was going to get up and explore the 'castle' when the doors opened and a guard came in.

"Ms. Cullen, I've been summoned to show you to your room" he said in a monotone voice. I nodded and got up following him. My eyes wandered around the halls, all of the paintings that had been there for centuries, untouched.

"Here we are, if you have any requests or needs, keep them to yourself" he said with a smile and slammed the door.

Well damn.

I laughed, "hmm I like that guy". As I looked around my room I noticed it was kind of like a mini apartment, without a bed because well it's pretty self explanatory. There was a leather couch right in the middle on the room with a tv in front. I plopped onto it and grabbed the remote, flipping through the channels to find something interesting.

I gave up because there was nothing to watch so I decided to explore the castle. I heard shouts nearby so, me being the curious girl I am, follows the sound.

The sight in front of me was something straight out of a horror movie. Left and right humans were being bitten and turned into something they didn't get a say in.

A few guards were even laughing at how they struggled. My anger rose higher and higher until I couldn't take it anymore. I saw the same lady I'd seen at the airport with the small infant, though the child was nowhere to be seen.

One of the guards were about to kill her when I ran towards her and pushed the guard out of the way. "Why are you here?!" I whispered/yelled to her.

"My.. daughter" she sniffles. I froze, she's only a child. "Don't worry," I tried to reassure her.

"I'll find her.

____

What do you think Aro knows?
comment & vote to find out :)

{reneesme's character explained}

Reneesme is more of a misunderstood character, she only acts out because she feels as if Carlie were better than her and to surpass that she makes a big deal out of things to get the attention from Carlie to her.

[891 words]