Book 2 || Chapter 2

"Now"

Now? Oh great I'm going to be so tired tomorrow- wait no I won't I'm a vampire!

How the heck did forget?

"Fine" I say walking outside.

I turn around only to see Emmet, "So... what do I do?" I ask.

"Here, we'll start with the basics,"He says.

"But first things first, I need to see how strong you are"

Pfff I'm plenty strong.

"Okay, how will I do that?"

"By having an arm wrestle contest of course" he says with a smile.

Is this dude for real?

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be"

"No reason" I say deciding to just ignore the fact that this is completely ridiculous.

"Alright then, get ready to get your ass kicked Carlie" I roll my eyes.

"How come you're so sure?"

"Because, may I have you know, I have never lost a single arm wrestle match in my life"

"Well I guess today is you're unlucky day" I say shrugging my shoulders.

"We'll see about that" He says grabbing grabbing a huge rock and placing it in front of me.

He places his arm on top of the boulder and motions me to do the same.

He grabs my hand and says,

"In three, two, one" He barely even finishes his last word when I push my hand towards the left, I see that he is struggling to maintain the balance between our forces.

I push my hand down harder and his hand reaches the surface of the rock.

"My, my," I begin

"How the tables have turned" I smirk.

He just gives me a blank look, obviously still dumbfounded about the fact that I totally just kicked his ass.

"Should I give you some time to mourn over your tragic loss?" I suggested.

He rolls his eyes, "Please, I let you win"

"And I'm the Queen of England" I sass.

"Have you even helped her any?" Jasper says and I jumped not realizing he was there.

"Yes, I've helped her with her strength. Like you said to do" Emmet replied in a 'duh tone'.

Jasper just nodded, "Edward came back, I'm sure he'll have news"

"What the pack say?" I ask hurriedly.

"I don't know, he won't say until we're all in the house to hear the news"

"Okay, I'll go in then"

I open the door and hurry to the living room,

"where's Edward?" I ask.

"Right here"

I turn around and he was there, "so... what they say?"

"Sam only agreed to it because both Carlie and Reneesme could get hurt in the fight, and if they got hurt that would be a whole dilemma between Jacob and Embry since they were they're imprints and that would cause a whole lot of unnecessary drama"

"oh thank god, I though we were all going to die"I sigh in relief.

I turn to look at Alice, "Has anything changed with Aron's decisions?"

Her face suddenly pales, even paler than it normally is.

"What's wrong?" Jasper quickly asks running to her side.

"I don't think the pack will be enough" she murmured.

"What?" Carlisle asks.

"He's making all the volturi guards and all the members of the Volturi fight against us"

"But that's like 400 vampires!" Reneesme exclaims.

"We're no match against the Volturi now Carlisle. This time, Aro's making sure we all die" Alice continued.

"There's got to be another way" I insisted.

"Unless we get help from your friends around the world, then we're through."

"Please Carlisle" I plead. " I don't want you all to die for my well being. Let me tell Aro that I've changed my mind about being one of them, that way you all will be fine"

"There is no way in hell that's ever happening Carlie" Emmet says.

"But- you all would be better off without me anyway, I just cause too much drama and it's like I attract bad things and it always makes its way back to hurt all of you" I stammer.

"Nonsense, we love you"Carlisle comforts.

"If you won't do it I will Carlisle" Edward says out of the blue.

He gives Edward a puzzled expression, "I'll ask your friends to help us, after all most of them owe you"

Owe him what?

"No, I should be the one to ask them."

Edward nods in agreement and hands him the phone.

"Isn't it a bit late to-"

"Now Carlisle"

He sighed but dialed some numbers and made a bit of small talk with his friends before actually asking them about the Volturi.

"Oh, well I totally understand, no it's fine I get it, sure, okay, thanks anyways" Carlisle turns to look at us, his face showing defeat.

"They said it was too much of a risk and they were truly sorry about not helping"

"Call your other friends" Emmet suggested.

Carlisle nodded grimly, and the night went on listening to the sounds of defeat and anger, mostly coming from Emmet's remarks about his supposed 'friends'

It seemed Carlisle's friends weren't truly devoted into paying back their debt in whatever it was the owed.

Until finally, things turned around.