Book 2 || Chapter 7

[narrative]

The sky was glowing a dangerous color red, it matched the day perfectly. The only time vampires would 'feast' was that very same day. Lots of unfortunate tourists had wandered off and found themselves in the clutches of a vampire.

However that day was different than all the rest... this time the vampires hadn't been as careful to keeping their eating habits a secret and had accidentally left one of the back doors unlocked, allowing anyone to enter if they'd wish.

This wouldn't have been a problem if a normal human had wandered into the room, but alas, the person who had walked in was far from normal, in fact she was anything but normal and she would not let an innocent life be taking to quench their thirst for blood.

[back to the present; 3rd person pov]

Carlie had taken the woman whose name she had not asked as the circumstances were not ideal to make new 'friends'. She had hesitated at leaving her there unprotected but the woman assured her she would be fine and to just focus on finding her daughter.

This task however was easier said than done. There were hundreds of rooms and plenty of hidden ones for Carlie to search, she simply would not be able to search every single one of them.

Time was ticking by faster than she'd anticipated, the child nowhere close to being found. Carlie didn't loose hope, but her patience was beginning to thin the longer time passed.

She had encountered guards to which she politely asked if they knew about the child and when they didn't want to answer she threatened them. So far she had no clues as to where the little girl might be.

With little hope she went to find Aro, he was her last choice to find the child. It wasn't easy to find him because he was always busy doing other things but when she finally caught up to him he had no idea there even was a child involved with their 'feast'.

Carlie was beyond outraged, "how could you possibly not know a child, a baby was in a room full of hungry vampires!" She exclaimed.

Aro had a calm, collected look on his face but inside he was battling on wether or not he should kill her there and then to get rid of the problem, but he had a much more composed plan in mind for later on.

"Look if there was a child... they probably disposed of it already"

She looked at him with pure hatred and shock. "How could you even say that" she was absolutely horrified at Aro's response but not surprised. She knew that they were ruthless and cold hearted but she never would have imagined they would take an infants life.

"They didn't turn her if that's what you're worried about, they most likely just... let it... sleep" He hesitated whilst saying that, he had more sympathy for human children than adults, so whenever a child had wandered normally he would let them go, he could not speak for the others though.

Carlie had tears and her eyes, her hope had vanished. "You evil bitch" she whispered under her breath, but just loud enough for him to hear and ran out of the room.

[carlie's pov]

How could anyone be so heartless and leave a defenseless child to die? My feet dragged as I walked towards the room I'd left the woman in.

I can't just go in there and say "oh I didn't find your child and she's probably dead" I pulled my hair in despair. "I can't do this" I muttered and began to walk the opposite direction when I heard a someone crying. My eyebrows furrowed and I followed the sound, it lead me to the room where I had left the lady.

The door wasn't closed all the way, and when I peeked into the room I saw the child. I burst open the door and ran towards her, but I stopped when the I saw that the girl and I weren't the only ones in the room.

Where did the lady go?

"Who are you?" I questioned the person. It slowly turned around and gave me the creepiest smile. I gasped, it was the lady, except now she had red eyes and her skin was a ghastly pale color.

"Thanks for bringing me my meal" she grinned and reached for the child. I finally understood what had happened, she was probably wearing contacts and makeup to hide her true identity.

Before she could reach the baby I tackled her to the ground and dragged her to the other side,

"get out now" I muttered angrily.

She laughed, "but it's dinner time!" I rolled my eyes, "I guess it's dying time now" I quickly snapped her head off. I cringed at the noise, the reality of what I'd done hadn't affected me yet, the only thing on my mind was the child's safety.

The little girl was no longer crying and was busy playing with a stuffed bear in her hand to notice what had just happened. A wave of relief washed over me, knowing that I'd been able to save an innocent life that day.

I scooped up the child into my arms and carried her out. I stumbled across the set of twins who were arguing ahead of me. The voices were so familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Fine I forgive you... but only because you admitted you only used her"

Oh please tell me it's not who-

Before I could turn around and go the other direction I felt someone grab my arm and I instantly pulled away thinking they were trying to take the child.

I looked at the person who had grabbed me and I desperately wanted to be anywhere else at that moment.

"Long time no see?" I squeaked. I mentally slapped myself in the face for being so stupid and awkward.

He smiled, "nice to see you" and walked away with his sister who was shooting daggers at me. I gave her a little wave and stuck my middle finger out. She scoffed and turned back around.

What the heck was that. I thought and shrugged my shoulders, not really caring. "What am I going to do with you?" I asked the child. She gave me a confused look, I sighed and brought her back to my room.

________

Sorry this chapter probably sucked, i think I mainly had it all centered on the child but I didn't know how to fix that without redoing the whole chapter and I had already written so much :/ but the next chapter will probably be a whole lot better than this one :) anyways thanks to all of you who are still reading this and aren't tired of it yet <3

vote and comment for more!

[1,155 words]