Book 2 || Chapter 4

I'd already made a decision. I was not going to just stand around and wait for someone else to come to my rescue.

I have to start facing my problems on my own, without a constant savior.

While I was packing my bag, I thought that maybe I'm overreacting, I shouldn't act out.

But I couldn't take the thought of someone dying because of me out of my head.

So I continued packing, I walked over to my closet and stood on my tiptoes quickly grabbing a specific shoebox and opening it to reveal all of my savings that I had acquired through various birthdays and Christmas's.

I figured it would be enough to get me to Italy, or at least somewhere close to it.

The rest of my family weren't home at the moment so that makes this a whole lot easier to do. I went downstairs and grabbed a water bottle and some snacks to eat on the plane.

I can do this. I reassured myself.

Just think about all those lives you'll be saving. No one will get hurt if you do this. I thought while walking towards the garage.

Luckily, I don't really know why but Edward always leaves his keys in the car. I've told him that someone's going to steal his car sooner or later but he doesn't care.

At least now it's benefiting me, unless today happened to be the day that he finally locked his car.

I walked over to the drivers side and opened the door without ease. "Thanks Edward" I mumbled.

"Shit" I'd totally forgotten that I don't have a drivers license and nobody taught me how to drive.

Well.... how hard could it be?

I cautiously turned the car on and began driving out of the driveway.

Guess I underestimated myself. This is going to be just fin-

*CRASH*

"I totally jinxed it" I muttered under my breath.

I slowly walked out of the car and examined the damage that had been done.

Okay... one good thing was that it wasn't terrible, there was just a scrape on the side of the car but you couldn't see it that much.

Round two.

I reversed the car and got out of the driveway and onto the road. I put the location on my phones gps and it said I would get there in forty minutes.

Since I was going to be in the car for a while I decided to play some music.

"I STILL SEE YOUR SHADOWS IN MY ROOM, CANT TAKE BACK THE LOVE THAT I GAVE YOU!!! ITS TO THE POINT WHERE I LOVE AND I HATE YOU AND I CAN NOT CHANGE YOU SO I MUST REPLACE YOUUUUU" I sing/yell.

"In two hundred feet turn left" The gps voice says. I roll my eyes, "Great way to kill the mood gps"

As I turn left I see the airport. I payed the fee and what not then parked the car somewhere and grabbed my things from the trunk.

I had already ordered a ticket while I was on the way here so all I had to do was go through airport security and all that.

To reassure me this was actually happening I kept glancing at the ticket in my hands.

[on the plane]

"Please put your devices in airplane mode at this moment" the flight attendant said through the intercom.

I was about to put my phone on airplane mode when it started ringing. It was Alice, she probably had a vision and knew what I was going to do. I sent the call to voicemail and turned it off.

I looked around at my surroundings and saw that the person next to me had a little baby who kept staring at me weirdly.

I stared back at her and she giggled, I smiled at her and she waved.

"Sorry if she's bothering you" the little girls mother said.

"It's fine" I reassured the lady.

The girl handed me her little stuffed animal and said, "doggy"

I smiled and handed her the toy back. After a few minutes she fell asleep and I had nothing to do so I grabbed one of the magazines the airline provided us with and skimmed through it.

"Please fasten your seatbelts we will reach our destination in a few minutes" the flight attendant on the intercom said.

[Italy]

I said my goodbyes to the little girl and her mother and made my way towards the exit.

As I left the airplane I realized I had no source of transportation here.

Well I can't just steal a car like Alice did when she came to save Edward but I can borrow one.

Once I had passed through airport security again I walked outside and browsed through the cars.

I saw a man beside a black car and I walked towards him. "Can I borrow your car?" I asked him simply.

He looked at me like I was crazy, which I was because I mean what kind of sane person just asks if they can borrow someone else's car.

"Okay guess I'll have to do this the hard way" I muttered.

"Who do you think you are lady"

I rolled my eyes and pushed him aside and got in the car.

"Hey what the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yells.

I stick my middle finger up and drive away. From the rear view mirror I can see his expression filled with shock.

"I'll give it back" I called out.

Ha no I won't.

"Here I come Volterra"