My arms came around his neck and I held on for dear life, sparks shooting behind my eyes.

Just as things were heating up, he pulled his mouth away and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Last night," he grunted, cupping the back of my neck and cradling my head in his hand, "was one of the best I've had. I remember everything when I transform... when I am in that form, the memories of everything I see, experience, and feel are much clearer than the ones I make when I am in this form. The sight of you singing... fuck..."

I twitched, eyes widening slightly.

"You saw that?" I asked in a small voice. "Wait... so, why were you just... watching the cabin?"

Sebastian's face fell and he averted his eyes, brows furrowing heavily as he uttered, "Woody and Tiffany believed it would be for the best if we let you be since it was the full moon. I am wild and uncontrolled in that form... if you had... behaved incorrectly, it could have... turned dangerous."

A chill ran through me when his eyes found mine.

"I trust you," I said after a moment, and he blinked. "I... well, it's something that you can't control, and because of that I don't like the idea of leaving you alone. Even if you do become a big ass monster of a wolf. Just... tell me what to do during future full moons and I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" he deadpanned, raising an eyebrow; he pinned my legs together with his knees and arched his body so it loomed higher over mine, shoulders and chest puffing slightly. "Last night... you nearly fainted when you saw me. If I hadn't bust through the door when I did you would have hit your head against the corner of the wall on your way down."

"That's your fault for leaving all the windows in the damn cabin open with the curtains drawn back out of nowhere," I scoffed, swatting his shoulder; he hissed past his teeth and looked at me with a savage, toothy grin, but I simply pouted at him. "Not to mention, I got a scare since you set off Woody's perimeter alarm when you showed up."

His smile vanished and his eyes snapped open wide, staring at me oddly.

"I didn't set off his alarm," he said lowly, narrowing his eyes. "I'm the one who installed it for him when he first moved up here. I know where every sensory trigger is."

I frowned. "You mean, you didn't set off the alarm last night?"

"No," he hissed, face turning serious. "Explain. Now."

The tone in his voice alarmed me so I quickly told him about how I'd heard the beeping in Woody's room after I'd finished singing and had gone in there to figure out what it was. I'd seen the alert on the computer explaining that there had been a perimeter breach, and then proceeded to explain that I'd looked outside every single window. His eyes stared at me without blinking when I proceeded to tell him the reason I'd almost fainted was because he'd scared me.

"--and it was worse because I couldn't make out who you were," I finished, bringing my experience to a close. "If it wasn't you, who was it? And also, why are we out here on the floor? Didn't we both go to sleep in my bedroom last night?"

He didn't say anything. His eyes were narrowed, looking through me rather than at me and I saw wheels turning in his mind until, with a flash, his eyes found mine and sharpened. Something in him seemed to relax, his shoulders not as tight as they'd been, his expression almost amused.

"Don't worry about it," he murmured, leaning down and nipping my nose. "Believe me when I say it's nothing important or anything you need to be afraid of."

"Are you sure?" I asked, and his face sank into a deadpan stare. "Really... I mean it. Are sure?"

"Yes," he said quietly, leaning down and bumping our noses together; I had a mental flash of the big wolf doing the same thing and my heart fluttered wildly for a second, and I knew he could hear it happening because his eyes crinkled and grew darker almost instantly. "Plus... even if there was someone out there, do you really think they'd be foolish enough to try breaking in?"