It was like those demons knew not to mess with me then, when I was cheerfully talking and bubbling and verbally daydreaming about how Sebastian was doing, as if I wasn't receiving calls every morning before bed or getting beautiful, heartfelt texts every other hour during the night.

Little things, all piled together, acting like a security blanket I didn't know I needed. It was the days that I dreaded... the days when I had to go to sleep, after that final phone call... the days without Bash were the ones the demons liked. It had gotten a lot better than it was at first.

Guilt-ridden, dark, dreary, sorrowful and disconnected, disjointed, fragmented nightmares so frightening and painful that even thinking about them when I woke up hurt my temple. It was the nightmares. It was the guilt. It was the anger. It was the fear.

It was the strange, faceless vampire that I'd learned had been captured and was being held prisoner. Every other night one of Jak's pack members would come for a bottle of blood. It made my skin crawl and my heart hurt, knowing that soon I would... come face to face with one of my attackers. That soon, I would possibly learn if vampires truly weren't redeemable.

More than anything, though, it was my invisible stalker that made things bad for me.

Those seconds were the worst, the seconds when I could feel that terrifying presence fill up the room, touching me with hands I couldn't see, whispering things that made no sense into my ear, speaking long bits of Latin before teasing me with the slightest bit of English. It was as if with each visit of this invisible creature, he left a part of him inside of me. Haunting me.

Hating me.

For a while, it felt like it would never end even though I hoped it would. I hated it, and was scared of it, after all. I was scared of the feeling of hands on my neck, the threats, the feeling of anger being directed at me, but slowly, my apprehension started to fade. Painfully slowly.

All I had to do was talk to my unseen observer about my relationship with Sebastian for the invisible one, as I'd dubbed him, to go silent and vanish. Deep down... that was the reason I thought my stalker might really be Jasper, but I couldn't be sure and I also couldn't discredit the fact Sebastian D'Agostino was a scary mother fucker. There was a possibility that whoever was messing with me was afraid of him.

I still had nightmares but they weren't happening every time I slept anymore. Now, there were some mornings and afternoons I spent dreamlessly sleeping, which was definitely a step in the right direction.

Overall, by the time the night that Sebastian was supposed to be getting home rolled around a long, busy week and a half later, I was missing him like crazy despite having made a lot of very big progress with everybody, especially Horst and Jak, and I still had to finish up the last bit of stitching on his jacket.

Which brings us to my present big, fat panic attack.

"Diana!" I howled, prancing from foot to foot as I looked for an embroidery needle. "Diana!"

"I'm right here, stop screaming," she hissed, rubbing her ears. "Jesus your voice is shrill."

"You just noticed?" Leo deadpanned from his spot on the bed. "Really? I told you the fucker can shatter eardrums!"

"And you also said he could shatter glass," Richard lowly countered, sitting on a chair from the kitchen with Kyle on his lap; the redhead giggled when he rolled his eyes. "Quit whining!"

"Shut up!" I wailed, clutching my hair in horror. "I need the embroidery needle! Where is it?!"

"It's right here, idiot!" Cassidy barked, holding it out. "Take it and finish it already! It won't be long before he gets here, and if he walks in he's gonna know what we're doing before we're done!"