Konrad pulled the dagger out and laughed. "You're nothing, Beckerann. I'll send you to Sovereign right now. Tell everyone that I HAVE YOUR POWER! How you FAILED THEM! You can go there and mourn with the rest of the inferior fucks of the world, the helpless and weak! Tell them, I'm coming." Konrad snapped his fingers and Becker was gone. Not a single bit of power was left in Becker's system.

Konrad had all of it. He was the most powerful man in the world, and God it felt good.

KATE
Alpha Rylee smirked at me. His reddish hair was so dark I'd hardly even call it red. His grey blue eyes peered into everything they came across. He might've smirked, much like childish people often do, but Alpha Rylee was anything but childish. I'd even go as far as to say that he was more mature than even Arlis.

"There are some things in this world you don't understand. And Arlis would go his whole life without letting you understand," Alpha Rylee's mate, Ana, said. While Alpha Rylee was all soft features, a curved jawline and a small nose, Ana was harsh. She had a sharp jawline and a pointy nose. Her eyes were a cold shade of blue, her hair was blonde and pin straight. "If there weren't people out there who thought you had a right to know."

I looked down at my feet. "Arlis tells me everything," I defended.

Electra shook her head angrily. "You don't know why your party was attacked that night." Electra played with her hair, her scarred knuckles flashing to the world.

"Because Rylee... because Rylee..." I froze. I didn't know why the party was attacked that night.

"He went to see a witch to see if he still killed you a while back. Konrad mentioned that. And—" Electra began.

I shook my head at her. "No. He told me about that. He went to a witch to see if he died before he found his mate."

Electra rolled her eyes. "He's a liar. A god damn liar." She finished off the braid she was making and then stood up, walking over to sit closer to me.

I dug my nails into the pillow that was sitting in my lap. "Arlis isn't a liar," I argued. Arlis would never lie to me.

"Arlis went to a witch to see if he still killed you." Electra narrowed her eyes at me, daring me to interrupt her again. "The witch said that if he had helped kill Konrad, which he did, then the curse was broken. He asked how he met you and she..." Electra paused, a look of pity crossing her face. "Well she said that he'd meet you either killing you or saving you. Arlis spent months trying to find a loop hole."

"Eventually he did. He could give you a reason as to why you needed to be saved," Ana finished for Electra. "He asked the witch how he met you and she explained to him that it was at a human party."

"He had Sam and Seymour watching for parties for years," Electra continued. "And then yours came around and Arlis felt a pull that you were there."

"You have to understand, Arlis isn't a perfect person. He felt alone." Rylee took a deep breath. "He sent me in to attack the party. And he sent Sam and Seymour in to find a werewolf living amongst humans."

"When they returned back, telling him they didn't find anyone, Arlis flipped his shit. And then you went to him. And... the rest is history." Electra sat back, relaxed.

I ran my hands through my hair. "My friend is missing because of him."

"I don't see you out looking for her. Or complaining a lot." Electra shrugged.

I glared at her, standing up. "There's a lot going on! What do you want me to do, mope around?" I threw my hands up.

"Arlis knows where she is," Rylee laughed. "Of course he knows. Arlis is powerful, missy. And not just because he's Arlis Barron, Alpha of all the wolves." Rylee snarled out. "He has contacts. He found her probably the first time you complained. Not for you of course, just out of his own sick curiosity."