Chapter Three.

The next morning was more normal than the previous one, the alarm woke her and when she went downstairs Alexander was already parked on the couch.

She smiled and ruffled his hair on her way past him, going into the kitchen she started breakfast.

Jordan was already gone for the day and but she had too much on her mind to worry or care. Her mind kept circling to the mysterious man and his claims that her husband had stolen money, could he be mistaken? Maybe he had Jordan confused with someone else.

After breakfast and cleaning up breakfast she decided to take Alexander for his fish, she needed to get away from the house and clear her head.

She loaded both kids into her minivan, this time she stopped before climbing inside, had this minivan been purchased with stolen money?

She drove downtown to a tiny pet store on main street, helping Alex climb out and tucking Mya into a stroller. They went inside and Alex immediately hurried back to all the fish tanks, there were dozens of fish tanks with different fish in them all over the back wall and the boy was awestruck as he rushed from tank to tank.

"Mommy look at all the colors!" He cried.

"I see."

"Can we get five?"

"Two," she replied.

"Three," he countered.

She smiled the first genuine smile since the day before as she nodded and agreed that three was a good number.

She knelt down next to him to peer into one of the many tanks at the goldfish inside and tried to figure out which one he was pointing at.

She was so wrapped up in enjoying time with her son she almost didn't realize she was being watched until she caught the reflection of black boots and black jeans in the glass.

She stood and spun so quick she got dizzy for a minute and Alex stood too, looking up at the man, she pulled her son tight to her side her other hand gripping on the stroller.

"Picking out fish?" He asked.

She swallowed past the lump in her throat not sure who he was speaking too but knowing that Alex wouldn't' answer him.

"Just looking," She managed.

"A boy needs a dog." He said.

"What would you know about it?" She snapped surprised with the venom in her own voice.

Apparently, he was surprised too because he raised an eyebrow at her tone then smirked just a little.

"You're right, nothing." He said.

He stance was relaxed, comfortable even and she didn't see a gun but had no doubt he had one. His hands were clasped in front of him hanging loosely and even in the black button-up shirt she could see the tattoos on his neck and hands.

"What do you want?" She managed to ask.

"Just checking in making sure you didn't do anything stupid after our last visit."

"No, I didn't tell anyone anything."

"Good girl, you may be of some use after all." He said.

"You told me not to tell," She replied.

"Yeah, but a part of me didn't think you would listen."

She glanced around and saw the other two men that were always with her were in the store as well, they were pretending to look around.