Chapter Two.

Elizabeth woke up the next morning alone in the king size bed, she could hear the shower in their adjoining bathroom and Jordan humming to himself.

Her alarm had not gone off yet which meant that Alexander was probably still sleeping and Mya wasn't crying for breakfast.

Thinking she had some time Elizabeth slipped from the bed and stepped into the large bathroom.

Through the glass shower door she could make out Jordan's tall silhouette, steam billowing into the bathroom.

She slipped out of her satin pajama bottoms and unbuttoned the matching top dropping them softly on the porcelain tile floor.

Opening the door she stepped into the shower, Jordan immediately turned to look down at her.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I thought maybe you'd want some company," She said with a shrug.

He looked her over, from head to toe in a way that always made her feel like he didn't like what he saw. She looked down at the water swirling around their feet.

"I don't have time this morning," He said finally.

"Oh."

"Shouldn't you be feeing the children?" He asked turning back to face the water that was falling down.

"They're still asleep," she said.

"No reason you can't get an early start on breakfast."

"Will you stay and eat with us?" She asked, wrapping her arms around herself.

"No, I'll take mine to go."

She gave a small nod but didn't move, she felt stupid and humiliated standing there in the shower, cold and naked while he blatantly ignored her.

He turned around and smiled, leaning down to kiss her forehead. Then he opened the shower door and motioned for her to get out.

After putting her pajamas back on she wandered downstairs and started breakfast for her children, she decided on blueberry pancakes, Alex's favorite.

She was finishing the pancakes when Jordan finally came downstairs, he was wearing a new suit and tie that she hadn't seen before. He went straight to the coffee machine and filled his thermos.

"Is that a new suit?" She asked.

"Yeah."

He grabbed his briefcase and a piece of toast off of Alex's plate, then without another word he was gone. Elizabeth stood in her empty, lonely, gourmet kitchen.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and taking it with her walked upstairs to check her kids.

It was odd for Mya not to be crying for a diaper change and breakfast by now.

She opened Alex's bedroom door and saw him sleeping deeply still in his bed, he was clutching a large dalmatian stuffed animal that was bigger than he was.

She smiled and then turned walking down the hallway to Mya's room. she took a drink of her coffee and smiled at a picture of the kids that hung on the wall.

She opened the door to Mya's room and froze.

Standing in the middle of her baby's pink and yellow room, his black boots planted on the butterfly carpet stood the man from the other day. He was holding Mya gently against his chest and she appeared to be sleeping.

Her hands went numb and the coffee mug in her hands slipped from her fingers, it hit the hardwood floor at her feet and shattered into pieces, the hot coffee splashing onto her bare feet.