Chapter Thirteen.

The next three days Elizabeth cleaned the entire house top to bottom, nothing was left untouched. Dinner was on the table every night promptly at six, breakfast was ready when Jordan woke up and his lunch already packed.

Not once did Jordan mention their children and Elizabeth bit her tongue every time her heart begged her to ask.

The house phone rang, almost constantly but she refused to answer it. She knew it was Rhys, she knew it was dangerous to ignore him but she knew that answering would anger Jordan.

On day four she finally caved and asked the question that had been chewing away at her inside for days while Jordan was finishing his coffee.

"When will you bring the kids home?" She asked.

"I want a nice roast for dinner," He said.

"Jordan...please."

"I'll call my mom tonight, I'll get the kids tomorrow." He replied, setting his cup down.

"I could go today, I could go after lunch and get them."

"No, I will go tomorrow. They're find my mother and father have barely seen them since they were born they're enjoying the visit."

Her disappointment must have shown on her face because he watched her carefully as he spoke.

"I don't like doing this Liz, I don't like being the bad guy, the strict one but I'll be damned if I bust my ass for this family just so you can whore it around with whoever the fuck is always here."

"I wasn't and you can't use my children as leverage."

"They're my children too and I'm not. I'm simply showing you that you can leave anytime you wish. I'll sign the divorce papers in a heartbeat if you wish but you will not be taking my children anywhere."

"I don't want to leave."

"Good, I'll see you for dinner."

He turned and walked out the front door without another word, she followed him and after he was gone she pushed the buttons to activate the door alarms. She glanced out the window at the black SUV that had been parked across the street ever since the day she came home from the strip club.

She closed the curtains and moved to the kitchen, the house phone ringing once again. This time she pulled it off the hook with a heavy sigh.

"Don't hang up," Rhys warned.

"Stop, stop calling me. It's over, I'm done."

"I'm not done with you."

"Why? what could you possibly need me for?"

"I need you to move some things for me, I need you to help me get my money back."

"I can't, he took my children. Why don't you understand that? I can't get you your money."

"See the thing is you seem to think that I'm the boss, that I don't owe other people money that it's not my ass on the line for your husband stealing. I'm not in the mood to walk you through the chain of how fucked I am if I don't recoup that money and believe me the next person who comes knocking for it won't care if you have kids."

She swallowed past the lump in her throat, he was probably right. While cold and calculating he had been lenient with her so far. Should the people he worked with decide to take matters into their own hands there was no telling what they might do to her, and her kids.

"He's taken everything from me," She said weakly.

"Go outside get in the car, my driver will give you the directions you need."