Chapter 10: Frozen under the sunset

Start from the beginning

"Sargent Choi!" Hänner does the lowest bow I have ever seen in my entire career. He hides his baton, but a drop of cold sweat on his forehead. "Rise Lieutenant, and explain to me what is happening here?"

"I-He-Well- This soldier did this to me!" He points to his bloody nose, exalted and still angry. 

"He who?" Sargent Choi asks. "This pathetic excuse of a Soldier." Hänner points at Soldier Taehyung, who stands there bored, scratching the back of his head. 

"Did you Soldier, do that to lieutenant Hänner?" Sargent Choi's round face stares at Soldier Taehyung so hard and cold even I shiver. 

"Yes Sir." He says, as if he was just asked if his name is Taehyung. As if he was just asked if today the weather is nice. Like it is nothing serious. When it is. 

There was silence for the longest time, we all stare at Sargent Choi attentively. 

But then, a smile appears in his round face. 

"Good job! Incredibly skills Soldier." My mouth gapes open."Officer Hye Mi?" I stand straighter suddenly. "Yes, Sir!" 

"You should be proud, you are doing such a good job. I expect very good things from you boys. Keep it up." He smiled at the boys for a moment, before his eyes land on Hänner, and his smile falls. 

"Lieutenant. You come with me, you need to have your memory refreshed to remember just how prohibited it is to use physical punishments in soldiers, much less when they did nothing wrong." That last part, he did with grunting teeth. 

"Yes Sargent Choi." Hänner narrows his eyes at me one last time, turns to Soldier Taehyung and does the same. He walks away behind Sargent Choi and the two Officers. 

When they are far enough to not listen, the boys go crazy. 

"What just happened?" Asks Soldier Jimin

"TAEHYUNG YOU ARE MY HERO!" Says Soldier Seokjin. 

"I want to punch that foreign sh*t in the face." Says Soldier Yoongi.

"Is anyone hungry?" Says Soldier Hoseok

"You two are equally insane, Taehyung and Officer Hye Mi." Says Soldier Namjoon, to that, I frowned at him, and he takes a step back. 

Soldier Jungkook, stays silent. 

"Calm down Soldiers. Lieutenant Hänner did wrong, let's get past that." They all nod silently, sharing glances between each other. "I'm proud of you Soldiers, you all did a good job today, excluding this last few minutes, everything went fairly well," I say after a moment. Smiles grow on their faces, even Soldier YoonGi smiled. 

"Now go shower, you deserve to go early today." Suddenly, they all pull me into a hug. 

"You are the best Officer Mi-ah" I couldn't exactly catch who said that, but somehow know that they all mean it. They walk away and inside the School. 

Just when I thought I was alone, I turn around to find Soldier Taehyung staring at me. The sunset behind him prevents me to see his face clearly. 

"Need anything Soldier?" I ask calmly, ignoring my raising heartbeat that comes out of nowhere. 

"Why did you do that?" He says with his deep rusty voice, arms crossed. His face still darkened with the counter light that beams my face. 

"Did what?" Playing dumb is not my thing, I take it too far. But I don't know why being this close and alone with him, makes me unable to think clearly. 

"Take the punishment for me. You shouldn't have even thought of doing that." He says anger clear on his voice, walking closer to me. "Don't ever stand up for me like that." He commands me.

"You have no right to order me, Soldier." I say, frowning, lifting my gaze to meet his above my head. I hate being shorter than him. 

"I do order  you Officer. Don't ever do that again. Don't put yourself at harm for me." He says, his stare throwing daggers at mine, but my eyes shot bullets. 

"You are my responsibility, I would do the same for any other of my Soldiers-"

"Don't." His mouth moves but nothing comes out, he struggles, breaking stare with me, looking at the ground. I can barely see his expression, but I know he battles the words on his mind. 

"If you would've gotten hurt because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

Before I could say anything else, he walks away and towards the School. 

Leaving me and the sunset behind. 

~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

Damn, heavy chapter this one, am I right?

I promise lighter chapters are coming, just like heavier ones will too ;)

What do you think about this one guys? Taehyung reacted a bit unexpectedly didn't he? XD

Please remember to Vote! That way I know you don't hate this and it motivates me to keep on writing💕

Have a nice day, and keep reading🙌

Something Serious.