Chapter 11: Worry

It's been five days since the inspections.

Five days since Hänner has uttered a word.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't as if nothing happened. On the contrary, it is more than evident that Hänner has been acting strangely, different, and in a way, it is very disturbing. Before, I could somewhat expect what he was going to do or say next, but now, with this unbelievable quiet and lack of his name in others' mouths, I have no idea what is coming for me,

for us.

"Officer? Officer! You are spacing off again." Soldier Namjoon brings me back to reality. "We have been running for more than an hour!" He, and all the other soldiers are drenched in sweat, with red cheeks and wet hair. Soldier Hoseok and Jimin have even taken their shirts off due to the incredible heat of South Korea's sun.

"I wasn't spacing off Soldier, I was planning your next training for today," I say, averting my eyes from their judging ones, and an exposed torso or two.

"Actually, I have something to tell you Soldiers." As they gather up, still with uneven breathes and particularly wet clothes, they listen attentively. Except for Soldier Taehyung, who seems to be distracted by everything and anything. "Tomorrow, we are going to-"

A loud, endless gasp that only seemed to get louder by the second interrupted me from behind.

"B-b-b-b-b-bt-s-s-s-s-s......bts?......BTS!....B.T.S.!" I don't have to turn around to know who is the owner of this voice.

"What are you doing here Ju-ah? Aren't you supposed to be working-?" Bae Ju, my best friend and probably the biggest fan of BTS, can sometimes get a little bit too distracted. Actually, she reminds me of someone I know. She met Soldier Taehyung when the incident on the medical supply room happened not long ago, but I believe she hasn't seen them all together, here, in person.

4/7 of them, with no shirt.

I sometimes let them take their shirts off when the sun threatens to burn the world, and when no one is around, but-

"AHHHHHH"

Bae Ju's screams can get unwanted attention.

"It's important soldiers, we are-" I start talking, ignoring Bae Ju squeaking and yelling behind me. But I'm interrupted.

"OMG I am your biggest fan! I can't believe I'm standing right in front of you guys! RM it's really you?! And Jin and J-hope and Jimin and omg Jungkook and V and-" I could swear she saw a ghost, because as the boys stand there with empty stares and polite smiles, clearly too exhausted to keep up with Bae Ju's excitement. Bae Ju's mouth gapes as she stares at Soldier Yoongi's exposed (and surprisingly toned) torso.

"S-Suga..." She says breathlessly.

Soldier Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

"Hi?" My swift eyes were able to catch Bae Ju's feet about to run towards him and surely hug him until he can no longer breathe. But I place my extended arm in front of her body.

"Enough Ju-ah, we are in the middle of training. And I was actually about to say something of utter importance. We are-"

I can't believe this has happened twice today already.

"WHAT CAN BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS MOMENT OF MY LIFE?!" Some of the boys laughed at that, I myself have been growing more and more desperate with the important announcement that I need to say before the boys lose focus and go away.

"It will have to be another day Bae Ju, The soldiers need rest to what is coming up tomorrow." This definitely got their attention, and Bae Ju to look down and be quiet. "Can I catch up to you at dinner?" Bae Ju knows what this means, I basically ask her to go inside. She nods, smiling at the boys as she walks backward and doesn't turn until she reaches the door and is basically forced to turn around and rip her gaze from the boys. Once she is gone, I turn to the Soldiers.

"Tomorrow, we are invited to have dinner with the Director of Korea's Military School. Since apparently, you all passed the inspections, the media has been requesting an update as to how you guys have been doing." When I finish talking, the boys' faces instantly lit up.

"Why the long face Officer? This is amazing news! We finally get a day out of here!" Says Soldier Seokjin, who jumps in his place clapping. "I can't wait to have some decent food!" Says Soldier Yoongi, surprisingly not bored towards the news.

Soldier Jungkook smiles, and my heart skips a beat at his happiness.

Soldier Taehyung just stares at me.

"Dismissed soldiers, get some rest and a formal outfit ready for tomorrow. Because it's going to be your first contact with the outside world since you got here." They walk away, laughing and smiling talking to each other as to how this is the best thing that could happen to them.

"What worries you?" It shouldn't have surprised me, I shouldn't have jumped as I heard Soldier Taehyung's voice from behind me.

"N-nothing, w-what are you still doing here Soldier? Join the others." I say, he laughs.

"Yes sir!" He salutes, clearly mocking me. I frown, but he starts to walk away.

Once he is a few steps away and towards the door, he stops and turns around.

"Don't worry too much Officer, you make me worry too." He says, and with a side grin, walks away.

I cannot not worry. Because Hänner will be at the event tomorrow.

And his silence can't be coincidental.

~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

Big things are coming, and I personally think that neither Hye Mi or the boys are ready XD. Hope you liked the chapter!

Please remember to Vote! That way I know you don't hate this and it motivates me to keep on writing💕

Have a nice day, and keep reading🙌

Something Serious.