33. Worn Out Faces (Part 1)

Nick looked at Jeff, a little confused for a moment before smiling. "Oh...cool, where was it?"

"I...Dave had it." Jeff said, biting his lip and looking down at the floor.

He couldn't look at Nick; he just felt too guilty. Because of him Nick was going to go through heart-break, and it was all because of Jeff.

"I uh...I'm going to go for a walk." Jeff said, turning on his heels and heading towards the door.

"Oh cool, I'll go with you." Nick said, starting to stand up.

"No!" Jeff said, far too quickly and in a panicked tone. "I-I mean...I just want to be alone...No offense." Jeff lied.

"Oh...okay, yeah. See you later then." Nick said, looking a little hurt.

"Sorry." Jeff said, quickly, opening the door to leave.

"Jeff." Nick said, softly, making Jeff freeze in place.

"Yeah?" Jeff said, just as softly; refusing to turn around and face Nick.

 Oh shit, he's going to tell me he loves me right now! Shit! This is it! Oh God what do I do!? Fake a seizure!? Can I even do that? It's just shaking right? No! I can't foam at the mouth on command! Shit! What do I do!? Shit! Shit! Shit!

Nick bit his lip and paused for a moment. "You aren't...you aren't cutting yourself again, are you?" Nick said with fear in his voice.

Jeff gasped for air a moment later when he realized he quit breathng in his panicked state. "No, I...I'm not, Nicky. I just need to be alone right now...sorry..." He said, trying his best not to cry.

Not only was Jeff going to break Nick's heart but he was also worrying the boy. Of course. Jeff walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"You can't let him be happy one time, can you?" He mumbled to himself before walking down to the practice room.

He walked down the hall in silence, pulling out his phone to send a quick text to Sebastian.

Jeffers:
Seb. I really hate to do this right now 'cause I know you're busy with your own stuff and it isn't even like you're at Dalton right now anyway but...just come back like ASAP. Please? I found out something huge and you're the only one I can talk to right now. It's about Nicky and I'm just freaking out right now. Please, please, please get back soon. I need you.'

He typed, hitting send. A moment later he felt guilty for making the text only about him and sent a second one.

Jeffers:
'Also, I need the deets on you and Blaine. And when I say deets I mean in enough detail that I could write a book about it.

Once the second message was sent Jeff made his way to the back entrance of Dalton and walked out. It was cold and raining rather hard but Jeff didn't care. He was standing under a rather large porch ceiling; plus, he needed the fresh air.

Whenever Jeff was stressed or couldn't think straight he began feeling like he couldn't breathe and always came outside. It was his thing, no matter the weather.

"Okay," Jeff said out loud.

With the weather and it curfew hitting ten minutes ago, Jeff knew he would be left alone to pounder his thoughts out loud.