Chapter 31

Goal reached= early update!

Thank you for the amazing cover @SmokinZayn if u ever need a cover ask her she makes the best!

____________________________________

I placed a hand on my chest, frightened a little. I didn't know it was trending! I went on my phone, ignoring his question. I scrolled on IG and looked out at how many people posted. My eyes popped at the number, 4,000.

"Damn." I muttered as I scrolled the pictures. Some made collages, some used the pic of me and him from today and then one caught my eye. It was the one where we were talking at the cinema.

"Care to explain?" Liam asked. I sighed, shaking my head. He patted a spot on the bed, telling me to sit. I slowly walked over there, my legs carrying me to the mattress.

"All I did was post a picture of him and I and this happened." I pointed to my screen. He took my phone, scrolling through the pictures.

"You should explain to the fans that you're only friends, right?" He said, cocking his eyebrow. I scoffed.

"Of course, we're only friends." I said, emphasising the word only. He nodded, giving my phone back. I threw it on the couch, tugging at the roots of my hair. Why does life has to be so difficult. People say those who have tough lifes are strong people. I'm not strong! Well physically probably, but not mentally.

"Kendall's going to be furious." He sighed. I nod, he got up and I did too. "I'll post something about it on twitter and see what I can do."

"Thanks Li." I smiled. I gave him a quick hug and he turned to the door. He placed his hand on the handle, twisting it ever so slightly. He opened it and quietly closed it.

I kicked the wall and then screwed my eyes shut. I ran a hand through my hair, a habit I got from Zayn and Harry. I probably look like a mess from running my hand through my hair constantly.

"Knock knock!" A high voice yelled. I rolled my eyes and answered the door. Louis walked in, jumping onto the couch. I closed the door and gave him the most convincing grin I could do.

"Honey, those fake smiles don't work on me." He spoke, narrowing his eyes. I took my phone and just gave it to him, unlocking it for him. His eyes never left the screen as he viewed the pictures, scrolled furiously past them.

"Let's just hope Harry and Kendall don't know about this." He told me, handing me my phone. I decided to post something. Maybe a pic with Louis will help.

"Can you take a picture with me?" I asked. He scoffed but accepted. I snapped the picture and cropped it. Once I adjusted the lighting, I went on with the comment.

My other bestie! Btw those Hiya shippers, its not true. Sorry to break it to ya but we're only friends.

I post the pic and logged out. Louis rolled his eyes. I ignored him while I lay in my bed. My back hitting the soft mattress as I do so.

"So, I was wondering" Louis cleared his throat but ended up coughing at the end. I sat up, patting his back, trying to calm his coughs.

"Louis, good lord!" I yelled as his face turned red, his forehead slightly sparkling with sweat. Once his coughing fit was done, he didn't even try to clear his throat again.