Chapter 16 - The One who was the First, and will be the Last

Reinforced by the new magical power that had invaded her and supported by the spirits of her people, Elsa had launched an attack, engaging in a duel to death with the witch, Maleficent. Propelled forward by a magical impulse of ice, Elsa had attempted a vertical strike with all her strength with her ice sword, but blocked by the scepter of the witch. The two weapons chocked each other in a dull metallic sound. Else attempted another attack on the side, but also countered by Maleficent, whose superhuman reflexes seemed only equal to her battle mastery. But Elsa did not admit defeat, continuing the attacks with the sword, making Maleficent back a few steps and always parrying the blows, in the middle of the blizzard and the torrent of flames mingling with each other and forming a huge swirl of fire and ice. Having enough, Maleficent attacked in turn in a side blow, which was in turn blocked by the blade of ice of the young queen. The blows continued, with a speed and an unusual agility, in frontal, lateral and air blows, each of the two women putting all their forces and abilities in their attacks. The fire was not the only power of Maleficent, the witch managing to bring dozens of sharp branches of brambles out of the ground, and like living vegetable tentacles, were trying to hit Elsa, who managed somehow to avoid them, cutting some with her sword, but was several times scarred on the arms by thorns. In response to her attacks of brambles, Elsa leaped and unleashed clouds of ice peaks, which like sharp insects, fell like a rain towards Maleficent, who however managed to avoid all or counter them, with his scepter and his flames, although one of the peaks scarred her shoulder slightly. While casting their spells, the two women continued the fight in hand-to-hand combat. As a result of repeated blows, the ice sword broke, leaving Elsa without a sword, but not without defence.

_ "You're trying for nothing... Give up, and give me your powers!" Maleficent hissed between her teeth. She then seemed puzzled to see Elsa showing a mischievous smile on the corner of her lips.

_ "Your two hands are taken ...." said the queen, seeing the two hands of Maleficent on her scepter "... not mine!"

On these words, and with her free hand, Elsa emitted a powerful wave of ice with which she struck Maleficent furtively at the chest. Surprised and letting out a cry of pain, the witch was pushed back several meters, but still on her feet. Picking up her breath, Maleficent saw the traces of the attack on her chest, as well as a small drop of blood flowing.

_ "Not bad, for a novice ..." Maleficent said contemptuously, nevertheless still able to fight "... But far from enough."

Maleficent surrounded himself with a halo of fiery yellow flames, turning her scepter several times above her head, then with a sudden gesture towards Elsa, invoked torrents of flames towards the queen to envelop her and reduce her to ashes. Elsa, though surprised, had time to summon around her to create a blizzard, whose breath was so powerful that it pushed the flames back to their approach and made them disappear.

_"My turn!" Elsa said with a dark gaze. Running around the witch, while remaining at a safe distance, Elsa created multiple pikes of ice, sharp like swords, then by her hand gestures, threw them in whole groups towards Maleficent, more and more quickly. But Maleficent smiles confidently, invoking once more a wall of flames all around her, instantly melting the stalactites as soon as they come into contact with the fire. Elsa did not give up, however, blinded by anger, she continued to create and propel her ice pikes, until she had to stop to catch her breath. Having not been touched once, Maleficent made disappear the wall of flames, advancing a step and making bright the crystal ball of its scepter of a disturbing gleam. Wielding her scepter, the witch shot spheres of fiery green-yellow flames toward Elsa, who, having no time to protect herself, had to jump to the side to avoid it, the sphere of fire leaving a small smoking crater on the ground.

_ "Already out of breath?" Maleficent cruelly mocked as he continued throwing her spheres of fire, watching Elsa run as fast as she could to avoid them. One of the spheres unfortunately exploded too close to Elsa's back, burning her slightly, but the shockwave propelling her forward. Elsa rolled on the ground, on several meters, before her shoulder violently hit the wall of a ruined warehouse. Moaning in pain, Elsa looked at her shoulder, bruised and seeing a trickle of blood running down her skin. Seeing her in a weak position, Maleficent launched a last sphere of fire to finish her.