Chapter 11 - Rise of the King

_ "No ...... You can't ......" Elsa was crying, putting her forehead and her palms against Godzilla's snout, which was no longer showing signs of life. "Give him back to me, please ..." she was still begging to anonymous superior forces for a miracle that her dear friend and protector would come back to her. But realizing the uselessness of her prayers after several long minutes, Elsa seemed to give up, falling on her knees before the lifeless body of the monster king. Tears fell on her hands and knees. The little hope that inhabited Elsa had just gone up in smoke. Without Godzilla, what chance did they have against Ghidorah? Mothra and Zilla, although very strong, could surely do nothing against two destroyers like him and Rodan, and against Maleficent and her dark magic.... So everything was lost?

Tilting her head, Elsa looked at her hands, then tears falling on the sand. His hands shook, then squeezed, like his teeth, and his brows furrowed. No! She would not give up the idea of fighting, that's what Godzilla would do, she was sure.

Returning to her feet, the young queen again placed her palms, as well as her forehead, against the titan's giant muzzle, and closing her eyes, spoke to him with sadness, but also with love.

_ "Godzilla ..... I now know everything you've done for me since I was born, and I'm forever grateful to you ..... You may have hidden the truth from me, I.... I may have wish in my anger to never see you again, but now I understand why you do that.... You did it for my parents, my people .... for me ..."

Still shedding tears but still strong despite not opening her eyes, Elsa kept talking.

_ "Godzilla ..... I beg you, hear my voice ..... I love you ..... Do you hear me? ....... I love you ...."

She had finally said so, although it did not have much effect, the state of the monster king remaining unchanged, to the despair of Elsa, who sighed, retreating a step after having tried everything. She turned around and slowly began to walk away, dejected and helpless. Then, after a few steps, she stopped suddenly, listening attentively ..... She turned to Godzilla ...... It seemed to her that ..... A breath, very light, had emanated from his jaw.... Did she dreamed this?

GROOMPPPHHH! Godzilla's head moved slightly, emitting a deep groan and his brows furrowing, as if he had a bad dream. Elsa was seized with a leap of amazement, which turned into undisguised joy as Godzilla's eyelids opened slowly but surely, his yellow reptilian eye landing on her.

_ "GODZILLA!!" she cried running towards him, tears of joy having taken the place of those of sadness. Without restraining her joy, Elsa spread her arms and leaned on Godzilla's snout like a hug, feeling the warmth of his giant body again. The titan let her doing it, also happy to see her again and feel the freshness of her power on his scales. Inwardly, he was on the verge of dying, having drawn too much from his already weakened strength to reach Arendelle. He thought he was dying, stranded on this beach and slowly devoured by the creatures of the ocean, but in a tiny jolt he could hear the echo of that voice so dear to him .... Elsa ..... Elsa forgiving him despite what he hidden to her.... A that moment, he had chosen not to die..... He was not allowing himself to die.

As he slowly recovered his warm breath, Godzilla saw Elsa, eyes closed, leaning her forehead against his muzzle. He let it do, also closing his eyes and emitting a low, quiet growl.

_ "I did not want to lose you, Godzilla ..." she said between tears of joy ".... I can't lose you ...."

Me neither, Elsa. I can't lose you, Godzilla said in another grunt. Time seemed to slow down during this moment of reunion between the queen and the titan, this unique bond that they shared was reinforced again. After this moment of reunion, Godzilla tried to get up, despite his recent wounds. Elsa stepped back, watching him do it and praying for him to rise. Leaning his huge hands on the ground, Godzilla lifted his body, also helping himself with his powerful legs. The floor seemed almost to sink under its weight. After a great effort, the king of the monsters managed to get back on his feet, rising slowly as a living mountain before the amazed gaze of the snow queen, but had to press one of his hands against the cliff to remain in balance, taken by some slight dizziness which passed very quickly. Elsa heaved a sigh of relief as she saw him standing again, but still worried about his condition. Would he be able to fight Ghidorah and Rodan again?