Chapter 5 - Attack on Arendelle

A new calm night had settled on the city of Arendelle, and the waters of the fjord bay, which had become black as ink under the tablecloth of the night, pitched slowly with the gentle breeze. Only at the beginning of the evening, some people were still in the streets, taking a walk at night or going to the tavern to drink some drinks with friends after a day's work.

After successfully lulling her daughter with a lullaby and entrusting her to the care of Kai and other servants, Anna, unable to sleep, made her way to the stables. Having put on her long coat to protect herself from the fresh air outside, she had crossed the deserted castle yard to go to the stables where Kristoff, Olaf and Sven are. On entering, she saw the reindeer in his usual pen, while Olaf perched on a chair and tried to reach the flame of a candle he was watching with fascination.

_"No Olaf. You know very well what will happen if your hand touches the flame." Kristoff reminded him, sighing heavily, bringing fresh straw to Sven's paddock.

_ "I know, but fire fascinates me, it's stronger than me." the snowman replied, changing his mind to touch the candle, with a certain disappointment on his face. He regained his smile as Anna entered the stables. Kristoff gave a carrot that Sven hastily chewed, and turned to his wife, to whom he smiled warmly. Anna went to him and gave him a little kiss on the lips.

_ "How's Iduna?" Kristoff asked.

_"She is sleeping now, everything is fine. Kai and the other servants are watching over her." Anna told him. The young man felt that the princess forced herself to smile but that something was wrong.

_ "Anna .... tell me what's wrong?"

She sighed heavily and sat on the little stool ready for the paddock. Sven and Olaf also listened.

_"There are so many things ..." Anna sighed tiredly and rubbing a hand on her forehead "... Several great leaders in some countries are threatening to overthrow our kingdom if we do not help them fight Godzilla, and Elsa has been away for too long now and I do not know where she can be.... "

All these problems weighed heavily on the thin shoulders of the young princess and it was visible. Olaf and Sven showed concerned faces, sorry for her. Kristoff also felt concerned and went to sit beside her, to comfort her and put her arm over her shoulder.

_"Elsa is strong, you know that as well as I. I'm sure she's fine. Nothing can resist her." Kristoff says with some confidence. Anna would like to share the same.

_ "I would like to know who orchestrated this plot against my sister and Godzilla .... If I had them ...." said Anna, feeling helpless in the face of this situation more and more unmanageable.

_ "You think that ...." Kristoff began to say, thinking "...that Hans could be behind all this?"

Hans. That name still gave Anna some unpleasant shivers.

_ "I doubt it ..." she replied "... he lost all his privileges and his father signed a close of peace with Arendelle ..."

Even if she doubted, Anna did not want to put any hypothesis aside. Hans is a cunning being of the worst kind and you had to be wary of him, she knew better than anyone. When she thought about it ... the way she let herself be seduced, when she sang and danced with him under the moonlight, and her desire to marry him only a few minutes after meeting him ..... She felt so silly thinking about it .... She felt the hand of Olaf wood come tapping his shoulder, he too came to comfort her.

_"Don't worry, Anna," Olaf told her with a warm smile. "No matter how many people try to hurt you, you and Elsa can always count on us."

Sven and Kristoff nodded without hesitation. Anna smiled and thanked her friends for their unfailing support.