Chapter 15 - The Battle of Gods and Men part 4

Mothra had managed to open her eyes and find enough strength to extricate herself from the huge pile of rubble and rocks under which she had been buried during her vertiginous fall from the sky with Rodan. The giant moth used her multiple clawed paws to spread the larger rocks, emitting a few small moans, and shook her body to remove the encrusted dust in her fur. The fall was not inconsequential, Mothra suffering from several visible injuries, but fortunately for her, her wings had not been too damaged. Once again in the open, Mothra was able to get an overview of the battlefield, and noted the extent of the situation.

It was not very reassuring. Towards the entrance of the fjord, Godzilla was still trapped in the circle of tornadoes that were hitting him continuously, inflicting more wounds on him, while Ghidorah watched sadistically and triumphantly, continuing to roar among the storm which kept creating new violent currents, both in the water and in the air. On the side of the city, the soldiers of Arendelle, although having lost much of their manpower, continued the fight against the goblins. Unfortunately, Mothra saw Zilla's lifeless body beside the castle, her body riddled with bleeding wounds and horrible burns. Mothra also felt Elsa's anger increased, and that she had engaged in a duel to death against the Maleficent witch. The twins Miana and Maina were not in good shape, but were still alive, their goddess managing to always feel their hearts beat.

The goddess had several choices, but she finally decided to help the monster king, knowing that Godzilla was so important to defeat Ghidorah. If Godzilla dies, everything would be lost. Mothra made her big, majestic wings vibrate, unfolding them to take flight, but a bestial and painful grunt made her turn from perplexity. Rodan had also survived the fall, but had not been so lucky. Buried under tons of rocks, her head and neck only being visible, the great flying reptile growled, his yellow and reptilian eyes stabbing towards the goddess. One of Rodan's wings had been stuck under a large rock, explaining his inability to get up. In addition, the many visible injuries had surely affected his strengths. Mothra wanted to get closer, but stepped back a few steps when Rodan tried to bite her in a vain attempt. Hate was visible in Rodan's gaze, eager to go out and continue the fight. However, Mothra no anger towards him, more on the contrary, she seemed to emit small noises of compassion, having never forgotten that formerly, she and Rodan were allies, forming the trinity of the primordial titans with their king Godzilla. Emitting a glimmer of her antennas, Mothra made a telepathic contact with Rodan, who, despite all, let her enter his head.

_ "What do you want, Mothra? To taunt me as I agonize under your gaze?! It will not surprise me from a traitor like you." Rodan said mentally, without restraining his anger.

_ "I'm not a traitor, Rodan ..." said Mothra, without an ounce of hatred in her voice "... You betrayed yourself the day you gave up our cause to join the one from Ghidorah."

_ "But ..... Ghidorah was in the right, from the beginning! Open your eyes, Mothra! Human people will never accept us, they will do everything to destroy us! These little arrogant bipeds are a calamity for this world, our world!" roared Rodan. Mothra understood what he wanted to express, but could not join him in his dark thoughts.

_ "Humans are far from perfection, that's for sure, but are we so different, Rodan? How many mistakes have we made, how many lives have been lost because of some of our choices? ... Humans are a very young species, they still have a lot to learn, but I also found that they could show great compassion and open-mindedness, if given the opportunity .... " Mothra was talking to him, explaining her way of seeing things, but Rodan seemed to want to deny it.

_ "But .... Ghidorah ..." he wanted to speak, but Mothra interrupted him immediately.

_ "It is you who have to open your eyes, Rodan .... Ghidorah has been using you since the beginning He is only the incarnation of cruelty, manipulation and chaos, the devil coming to destroy this paradise that was our world formerly .... Do you really believe that after having conquered the world, Ghidorah would have let you reign at his side? ... Have you seen him once risked his life to come to your help? .... You are nothing for him, if it is not a means to reach his goals.... "