Chapter 2. The trial.

The next morning I got up at 5 and got ready.

Catheines outfit.

I walked into the kitchen to find that everyone was already sitting down having breakfast.

"Good morning lovely people" I said and sat down next to Harry.

"You look nice" harry said sort of blushing.

"Thankyou" I replied smiling at him.

"The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and the one who'll be questioning you" Dad2 informed us.

Uncle padfoot warns Harry, "Don't lose your temper [...] Be polite and stick to the facts" 

"You too Catherine" uncle Moony says looking at me.

"Dont worry" I said to all of them and me, Harry and dad2 walked to the Ministry.

My parents had already left, they said they'll see us at the hearing.
As we enter the building, we walk past an enormous fountain. There is a sign: "ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF MAGICAL BRETHREN WILL BE GIVEN TO ST. MUNGO'S HOSPITAL FOR MAGICAL MALADIES AND INJURIES" . Harry swears under his breath that, if he is not expelled, he'll donate money.

Dad2 talks to a number of people as we make our way to his office to wait a man runs into the office panting.

He informed us that he had been trying to track down Dad2 to tell him that "the Potter boy's hearing" has been changed. Now, it is at 8:00 in the  Courtroom.

"They did this to sabotage him" I said to dad2 as we ran to the courtroom.

Once we reached the courtroom, he wished Harry luck and we entered the huge room.

Cornelius Fudge looks at me confused as Harry goes deep into thought.

"And why are you here child?" he asks me.

But before I could speak Dumbledore makes his way to us visibly shocking Cornelius fudge.

"I asked her to be here" he said and pointed at the witness stand.

I walked to the stand and sat down.

Looking behind me I saw the whole wizarding council and was able to see my mother sitting there smiling at me reassuringly.

Fudge accuses Harry of producing "a Patronus Charm in a Muggle-inhabited area, in the presence of a Muggle" 

Harry tried to explain that he only cast the charm because he saw Dementors.

This was when Amelia bones picked up her head confused "Dementors? [...] What do you mean, boy?"

Fudge immediately starts smirking: "Let me explain. He's been thinking it through and decided Dementors would make a very nice little cover story, very nice indeed. Muggles can't see Dementors, can they, boy? Highly convenient, highly convenient and how could a boy aged 15 produce a patronus"

At this I got up "I can confirm Sir that he is infact capable of it, I've seen him produce one before and I'm sure he'll be glad to demonstrate" I said.

Fudge glare at me and Dumbledore motioned for me to sit down.

Dumbledore said that there was infact a witness of this incident and the old lady sitting next to me was asked to stand. 

She described how she felt when the dementors came  "Everything went cold, and this was a very warm summer's night, mark you. And I felt ... as though all happiness had gone from the world ... and I remembered ... dreadful things ..."

Fudge dismisses Mrs. Figg's testimony, but Madam Bones speaks up, "She certainly described the effects of a Dementor attack very accurately. And I can't imagine why she would say they were there if they weren't"

Fudge couldn't  believe a pair of Dementors would make it to a Muggle suburb.

Dumbledore thinks it's no coincidence. The Dementors were ordered there by someone, which is a sign that, "the Dementors are taking orders from someone other than the Ministry of Magic" 

At this a lady with a very weird look giggled, "it sounded for a teensy moment as though you were suggesting that the Ministry of Magic had ordered an attack on this boy!" 

"Don't put words into the mans mouth Umbridge" my mom said glaring at her.

Dumbledore agreed that it's only logical that (a) either the Dementors are outside Ministry control, or (b) "somebody at the Ministry might have ordered the attacks" 

Fudge looks completely enraged at both suggestions.

Dumbledore argues that Harry has the right to defend himself even if he is underage, so the Patronus he cast is justified.

Finally, Madam Bones calls a vote.

More than half the Wizengamot votes for Harry, with some notable exceptions including Fudge and the toad-like witch.

Fudge announces, "Very well, very well ... cleared of all charges"

I got up and hugged Harry as we saw Dumbledore leaving without looking back.

Once we were out we told dad2 the news and he couldn't be happier so he decided to take us back home.

On our way out of the Ministry, we bump into Lucius Malfoy.

Malfoy is incredibly snide to us as usual.

He tells us he's there to see the Minister for Magic. His pockets   clinking with gold.

After Fudge and Malfoy go off together,  Dad2 comments angrily, "Malfoy's been giving generously to all sorts of things for years ... gets him in with the right people ... then he can ask favors ... delay laws he doesn't want passed ... oh, he's very well-connected, Lucius Malfoy"

                            ...

Back at the house, Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George, all start dancing around singing, "He got off, he got off, he got off ..."

I join them once I make it inside and we all laugh as Harry smiles at us.

Suddenly all our letter arrove with the book list but there was once specific letter dedicated to Ron.

"Well open it" I said waiting eagerly.

"I'm a prefect" Ron said confused.

I squealed and hugged him congratulating him..

I couldn't believe it Proffesor Mcgonagall had listened to my request. Well during one of our tea talks, she told me that I was 1st up for the perfect position next year but I told her I didn't want it since it wasn't my style but I did ask her to consider Ron for the position telling her how brave and hard working he was.

Hermione runs in, spots the prefect badge, and starts chattering, "I knew it! [...] Me too, Harry, me too!".

Harry has to clarify, "Ron's prefect, not me" 

I hug a very surprised Hermione as I congratulate her.

I walk after Harry who seemed a bit upset.

"Harry you okay?" I asked.

"Why wasn't I chosen" he said a bit disappointed.

"I mean you are the chosen one, Ron atleast deserves this" I said trying to comfort him.

"Yeah but"

"No buts, besides I wasnt chosen either and I'm not sulking" I said kissing his cheek. Wait why did i do that.

A bit embarrassed I went back to the the kitchen where mom2 was making a celebratory dinner.

I smiled at her and put up a banner which said "CONGRATULATIONS RON AND HERMIONE NEW PREFECTS"