Chapter 4. Champions

Catherines pov.

Today was the idea, the day the champions would be announced.

I was sitting with my friends while Cedric was sitting with his hufflepuff friends. Everyone knew about our relationship by now and we were known around as the 'golden couple'

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for" Dumbledore announced and with a swoosh of his hand, the blue flames turned red. He took out the first name.

"From durmstrang the champion is Erik Krum" the whole durmstrang table started cheering and Krum made his way to Dumbledore shaking his hand then going through the back door.

The flame through out another paper "the beauxbaton champion is fluer delacour" a blond girl stood up and there was polite clapping from the beauxbaton table.

The final paper flew out and I saw Cedric listening carefully

"And now the Hogwarts champion is"
Please don't be Cedric. "Cedric diggory" Dumbledore said and my heart stopped.

The whole hufflepuff table started cheering, Cedric walked to me, he hugged me and kissed my cheek. The whole hall muttered "awws" but I was frozen in place.

Cedric made his way to Dumbledore shook his hand and went out the back door

"Now that we .." but the flame turned red again and another piece of paper flew out from it.

"Harry potter" Dumbledore said.

Harry who was trying to comfort me stopped and looked around panicking.

"Harry potter" Dumbledore yelled again.

I held Harry's arm and made him stand up "I trust you, go,now." I said in his ear and pushed him forward.

I looked at Hermione "he couldn't have done it"

"I know he didn't" she said.

...

Me and Hermione were waiting for the champions to come out.

Krum and fleur looked pissed while Cedric had a neutral expression and Harry was still confused.