He, seeing my apprehension, cupped my cheek and turned my head slightly. I wondered why he was doing so at first... but it was only a second later that I realized he'd turned my nose so it was much closer to his underarm, where a familiar spicy and earthy scent was waiting.

As my senses were bathed in his musk and I shivered a little from the pleasantness of it, I had a sudden flashback of him telling me that nervous or disturbed werewolves often did this to their loved ones in order to comfort themselves during stressful situations. Perhaps this was his way of telling me to seek comfort in him, that I was going to be fine.

An instinctive response to my anxiety.

The thought calmed me, and I admit, I was surprised to learn that his scent actually did work that way. I wasn't a werewolf, of course, but I did feel a little calmer breathing in that heady aroma. Maybe because I'd come to identify it as his... knowing he was so close helped.

Knowing he loved me, that he would guard me, that he cared enough to want me to be comforted by the shroud of his body's smell... well, in a primal, animalistic way, I was touched that he was giving me this comfort. It made me feel good knowing it was a tactic to help me.

The dark square suddenly lit up, and I was surprised to see Louise sitting in her bed, huge glasses on and a dim lamp lighting up her room. She blinked at me, then cast a quick glance at Sebastian before realization lit up her features; she schooled her face into a blank mask.

"You dyed your hair," she said simply. "I told you going auburn would look good on you."

"Yep," I sheepishly agreed, turning my face more into Sebastian's underarm. "You did."

"I also told you to keep in touch," she added. "You didn't do that."

"Sorry," I whispered, wincing. "Really, I am."

"You," Louise said in a chiding, irritated tone, and I winced again when she wagged her finger at the screen, "are four days late on your session, buster. You didn't pick up when I called you, too, so I'm charging you a hundred bucks extra for this particular session. That's your punishment for ignoring me and making me do this off schedule."

"Wow, that's a lot," I said, startled. "A hundred bucks more?"

"Um, yep. Be glad that you're even getting this special treatment, you troublesome old fart."

"Troublesome old fart?!" I squawked, ignoring the deep chuckle that vibrated Sebastian's body.

"I didn't stutter, Gramps, so you'd better go get those little old ears of yours checked," she snorted, petulantly sticking her tongue out at me; after a second, however, she paused and her gaze flicked up. "So, what'd I miss? Who's the guy behind you two?"

"Hm?" I asked, then twisted around to see that Woody had left the kitchen to come over and peer down at the hologram from directly above my head. "Oh, hi! Didn't see you there!"

The redhead grinned at me toothily, then nodded at her and signed, 'is this your Louise?'

"Yep, this is her, my therapist," I said, nodding at the dark-haired woman. "Lou, meet Woody Mason. He's the banshee hybrid who saved my life when things went sour with Cassidy."

"Oh. Pleasure, sir," she said politely, inclining her head when he gave a goofy little wave. "I have to say though, Aerin has a weird knack for getting himself mixed up with attractive people. I'm not really supposed to say this, but damn... you're definitely a cutie."

Woody immediately flushed as red as his hair before stiffly whipping around and speed-walking for the kitchen; I watched as he scrambled to put away his groceries, then quickly scuttled off to the safety of his bedroom. The door clicked shut within moments and all I could do was blink.