“She was a dealer. Well, the main helper to a big dealer.” I paused again and they both had their eyes wide open.

  “I knew it” Aaroosa gasped.

  “And you?” Waliyha asked warily.

  “I never helped her but I never stopped her either which was wrong of me and it back fired on me.”

  “How?” Aaroosa asked curiously.

  “One day she asked me and our friend to help her saying she needed the money for the house and had to get it that day. So we gave in to her and said yes.” I stopped again as both of them gasped with their hands covering their mouth.

  “You sold drugs?” Aaroosa was beyond shocked.

  “Not really, I just had the stuff in my bag as she did her business.” I stopped feeling this was more than enough information to share.

 I hated their face expression right now and I regretted telling them but I knew I had no other choice. With that picture out and god only knows what else was about to be revealed by that awful girl I had to tell them. At least, tell them the main story.

  But that was as far as I was going to share. I wasn’t going to tell them anything about my accident or any other thing that happened back then. I want to get over it. What’s in the past is done and over with there was no point in telling it.

  “So, why did you stop being friends with her? Did something happen after that?” Waliyha asked intrigued. She was too smart for her own good.

  I felt the lump in my throat which was finally fading coming back and I chocked on my own words. I didn’t know why was it so darn hard for me to tell them about my accident? I told Tasneem easy enough. I even told Zayn but I just couldn’t tell them.

“I-I almost died from over dose because of her.” I hated lying again but every time I tried to tell them the truth my tongue got tied and I chocked on my own words. 

  “You what?” Aaroosa’s eyes were so wide opened.

  “It was a horrible experience but it was an eye opening at the same time. I knew who my true friends were.” I paused thinking this was all I needed to say but from their faces I knew I had to say something more.

  “She lied to everyone, spreading some nasty rumors about me when I was in the hospital. When I got out, I found myself alone with no friends and I was hated by everyone I knew and even some people I didn’t know which made me fall into depression and my parents sent me to Egypt for some spiritual guidance. One thing led to another there and that’s how I became the girl you guys know.” I smiled weakly. This part was true, somewhat.

  “Oh my god Maggie. I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that.” Waliyha hugged me.

  “It’s okay. At least I’m on the right track this time.” I shrugged still smiling weakly.

  “Maggie, I just hope you know Waliyha and I are always there for you. We are not just friends but we’re going to be sisters.” Aaroosa ensured me showing her nice side again.

Hearing my skype ring, made me mentally sigh in relief as I looked at the girls and my phone.

  “Its okay, Maggie. We’ll leave you to your call.” Waliyha smiled and turned on her heal to leave my room.

  “Maggie?” Aaroosa asked when she reached my door.

  “Yeah?” I asked concealing my panic.

  “It’s okay that you have a bad past as long as you are honest about it, you’ll have a great future.” She smiled as she closed the door behind her.