Chapter 3

Entering the apartment, I took off my scarf and shoes, holding them in my hands while slowly walking to my room in a dreamy way.

The house lights were dimed making it perfect for my mood which was a mixed of excitement and depression.  It was weird really, one second I feel like I live in a fairy tale as I remember all of today’s events from making up till the proposal and finally the dinner date. I feel like a princess who finally found her prince charming.

The next second reality hit me when I realize that he was gone for a month and now I was back day dreaming about him like he wasn’t even mine.

Walking past Waliyha and Aaroosa’s room, I noticed the door was closed. Were they sleeping already? Checking the clock in my phone, it was midnight. Oh great, I should be sleeping too, tomorrow was my first day back to Uni. But I was too excited to sleep.

Closing the door to my room, I quickly changed into some comfortable clothes and put my clothes in the laundry basket behind the door.

Sighing, I lie on bed and try to sleep but sleep was the farthest thing from happening right now. I wanted to talk to someone about this whole thing. I wish Tasneem was awake so we can talk but it was probably past midnight there.

I wonder if she knew about the engagement from the internet though? Maybe I should check her twitter.

Grapping my phone from my purse, I opened twitter. The first thing I noticed was the congratulation tweets from everyone I followed.

@WaliyhaMalik: I can’t believe @MaggieSaeed is my soon to be sister in law. So happy.”

@Aaroosa_M: Yes, the proposal was very much real and not staged. So excited about the news. Congrats @ZaynMalik @MaggieSaeed.”

@BellaLovesYou: Can’t believe my bestie is engaged!! Congrats boo, you got yourself a charmer.”

@ZaynMalik: Thank you for all of your lovely wishes guys. Today has been the best day of my life. Feeling blessed X.”

@LouisTomlinson: Can’t believe we just helped our mate propose. What a night! Congrats to the lovely couple.”

My smile was very wide my mouth was hurting but I didn’t care because I felt happy. Skipping to my mentions, of course it was blowing up with more than a hundred tweet in a second. Scrolling down, I read some of them.

Most of it was positive tweets with congratulations, and pictures of us either during the concert or on our way in and out of the restaurant. Of course there was some negative ones but for some reason I didn’t even care to read them. I wasn’t about to let those people ruin my mood because they were jealous. Maybe if I wasn’t in such a good mood, I would have cared.

I scrolled through the trends and noticed that ‘Zaggie’ and ‘Zayn and Maggie’ were trending. Clicking on Zayn and Maggie, I read some of the tweets and smiled. Everyone was so nice, it almost felt surreal. There were always a large number of haters but today they seemed to shrink to tens compared to the thousands who were actually happy for me.

One tweet in particular caught my attention; “@ZaynsLover: Everyone is talking about how amazing was the proposal but no one is talking about this *A picture of me and Zayn getting out of the restaurant*

In the picture, our hands intertwining while my body is pressed on his back to afraid to let go, my face was down and my eyes closed because I was terrified while he looked straight ahead in the sexiest way, guiding me. Under the picture there was a line that said ‘The way she trusts him to guide her like that. She looks like a lost puppy who found his savior.’