Insanity

CHAPTER 12

POINT OF VIEW: Marissa

AGE: 15

DATE: April 30th, 2019

    Skylar that blood sucker, damn him, as if four Vampires aren't enough, that son of a bitch shows up with 1000 more. My power is blood based and I am powerless if I don’t have any blood to manipulate. I was put on this earth to destroy, and I have big plans, the only problem are Vampires. However, I can’t do anything at the moment there are far too many of them.

But there’s a bigger problem at the moment, Cthulhu. I need pawns to defeat Cthulhu for me so I don’t need to get my hands too dirty. When they have outlived their purpose, I’ll dispose of them.

    “Hey Marissa, the general wants me, you and Autumn to go to some Aztec temple in Mexico to retrieve a special dagger.” Dorian tells me.

    “Ok, I’m in. Oh, and what's with the giant guitar case on your back? I didn’t know you played?” I ask him.

    “I don’t.” he then opens up the case and pulls out a large sword that looks like it would take a bodybuilder to wield. But then again, he is a Werewolf, so, that does explain how he is able to lift it so easy. Though, he does still need to lift it with two hands.

“When did you get that?” I ask.

“I’ve had this the whole time.” he tells me.

    “Oh, really.” I say, having not noticed until now.

    I probably never noticed because we are continuously looking over our shoulders, looking for the next spawn attack.

“It’s called Wolfsbane, it’s a holy sword made by angels with a very strong heavenly metal.” Dorian explains.

A holy sword, shit that could do some real damage if he were to attack me with that. Should I consider him a threat. No, he’s a Werewolf and they hate Vampires, after all the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

    It takes a couple of hours to get to the temple, when we get there we are met with a couple of squads of spawns. We brought two squads of human troops, so we were outnumbered, but this is nothing new.The human soldiers typically wear the same outfit as the soldiers in the U.S army wears but slightly modified, they now have spiked shoulder pads, and their gloves have metal plating on them and they have spikes coming out of the knuckles, they carry M16 or AK-47 assault rifles, a standard 10mm pistol, a combat knife, grenades, and thanks to supplys coming from utopia broadswords. We are always outnumbered. Despite the odds, we make quick work of them, with only two human casualties. However they are expendable trash to me. The only one that seemed to care about their worthless lives was Autumn and Dorian.

    “Autumn, can you find this dagger?” Dorian asked her.

    “Yes, according to the general, the dagger has mystical properties and I have the ability to sense magical objects.” Autumn explains shortly.

    “Well, in that case lead the way.” Dorian says.

    “Is it on top of the temple?” I ask her.

“No, it’s below it.” Autumn says pushing in a brick on the wall.

A portion of the wall opens up revealing a underground tunnel. We nervously began walking through the tunnel, not knowing what awaits us on the other side. About ten minutes of walking something finally happens, we are ambushed by spawns. My heart starts racing,but not in fear, in anticipation.

It has been at least a week since I have got the chance to kill something. I use my tendrils to stab into one of the spawns head, filling it with blood causing its head to explode. The feeling of hearing it squeal was amazing so I decide it is time to let loose. Another spawn attempts to attack me, so I use my claws to gut it, then turn around to strangle another one with its own intestines. Another one attacks me from behind, sending me flying head first into a wall. The attack did nothing to me but enrage me.

“How dare you insignificant trash!” I scream at it.

I jump at the spawn tackling it to the ground ripping it’s chest open and consuming its heart. After finishing my food I look around to see the humans looking at me, shaking in fear.

“Come on, we need to get moving before more show up.” Autumn says.

“Agreed.” I answer.

The rest of the soldiers still frightened, reluctantly agree.

“Hey, we have a wounded man over here.” one of the humans says.

I don’t have time to waste on useless meat sacks. But Dorian and Autumn won’t leave the human behind, so I’ll have to deal with this.

“You guys go ahead, I will take care of him and try to help him.” I say.

“Ok.” they all agree and continue through the tunnel.

“Sorry not sorry human, you are of no use to me like this.” I tell his dying body before sending a tendril through his skull and melting him down so there was nothing left of him.