World Serpent part 2

CHAPTER 17

POINT OF VIEW: Hemi

AGE: 15

DATE: May 2nd, 2019

    Skylar  took a headcount of the survivors and tells me and the others that Arturo is not here. Realizing this, Autumn runs over to the other troops and orders them to search the dead bodies to see if he is among the deceased. We all start the search and a few seconds later Jordan calls out, “ I found him!”. We all make our way over to Jordan.

“Actually scratch that, I found a piece of him.” Jordan says pointing to Arturo’s severed head on the ground sitting right next to his armless and legless torso. Skylar leans down and picks up one of Arturo’s guns he had with him.

“Out of ammo. He must have been overrun and torn apart.” Skylar explains.

“Let’s not let his death be for nothing. We are going to destroy this damn Serpent.”

We all pay our respects to Arturo and get ready to get moving, but what surprised me the most is that even the vampires payed respect to him. It looks like even a human can earn respect from a vamp.

My train of thought is lost when I hear a very sinister chuckle coming from behind us. We turn around to see a tall vampire with pale skin and dark black hair, his blood red eyes glaring into Skylar’s equally as dark blood red eyes.

“Well, well, well, Skylar. What brings you here to this magnificent place.” the Vampire says in a very velvety voice.

“I wouldn’t call the inside of a giant snake ‘magnificent’, and also, what exactly brings you here Deimos.” Skylar asked him.

“Only doing what my lord orders me to do. This time it’s to make sure you can’t get to Izak.” Deimos answers.

“Who the hell is your lord? You never follow anyones orders, and what does Izak have to do with this?” Skylar ask in a now very annoyed tone.

“My lord is the new god of this world, Cthulhu, and your friend is the World Serpent. He is what is keeping this snake alive, he is the core of snake and the brain, although he has no control of it.” Deimos explains shortly.

Hearing this, Skylar tells everyone except me and Marissa to head to the brain of the Serpent to get Izak and stop this thing. Everyone complies and starts to head for the brain. Now only me, Skylar, and Marissa are face to face with Deimos.

“Why would you tell us all this?” I ask.

“Because you are not going to live to tell the tale.” Deimos answers with a growing grin on his face.

“There are three of us and one of you. You don’t have a chance.” I explain before turning into the slenderman.

“He’s right, you are only the Seventh Progenitor, I am the Second, my friend Marissa is not a Progenitor but her demonic power is on par with the Third, and to top it off we have the slenderman whos true power is unknown. You don’t have a chance.” Skylar explains with arrogance in his voice.

“Enough talking, I’ll kill him myself!” Marissa yells before running in to kill Deimos.

Marissa goes into her demon form and attempts to cut Deimos down with her claws but to our surprise Deimos moves out of the way and in a instant appears behind her and restrains her.

“So your a blood demon. I’ve never tasted a demon’s blood before, I think I will have a sip.” Deimos says with a large grin on his face.

Marissa's face goes from full of rage to absolute terror.

Deimos bites into her neck and starts to drink. At this point I have seen enough, I teleport behind Deimos and impale him through the chest forcing him to let go.

When he lets go I throw him away from us, looking over to Marissa I see she is still standing but she seems a little dizzy, probably from blood loss. I look over to see Deimos's body has not disintegrated, like all vampires do when they die. Deimos laughs and gets to his feet.

“My, my, Slendy. That was rather unpleasant. I should kill you, but I am curious to see what would happen if I were to turn a blood demon and the slenderman into a vampire. Although I will have to knock Slendy back into his human from in order to do that, but that shouldn’t be a problem for me.” Deimos says right before drawing his sword. His sword is the same kind as Alana's, but much larger. Marissa and I get ready to fight but before we can do anything Skylar has already ran past us with both of his swords out. Skylar’s and Deimos’s swords collide stopping theme both in their tracks. The force of the collision was strong enough to send me and Marissa flying back. Skylar and Deimos jump away from each other.

“So Deimos how did you get this much power? Marissa alone should have been more than enough to finish you.” Skylar ask.

“It’s really simple Skylar, Cthulhu has empowered me, my power is equal to the First Progenitor’s and it has the potential to keep growing.” Deimos explains

Skylar smirks then backs away from Deimos and appears beside me.

“We can’t win with raw power, we need to use our heads.” Skylar informs us.

“What do you have in mind?” Marissa asked.

“You and Hemi draw his attention, let me deal with all the cutting.” Skylar explains.

We agree to help and begin to attack.

I teleport behind Deimos and and use my tendrils to continuously impale Deimos in the back but it does nothing, his regeneration is much faster than a normal vampires healing, probably due to the power he got from Cthulhu. Deimos quickly breaks out of my attack and appears behind me, I don’t have time to defend or counter his next attack and I end up having all my tendrils and one of my arms cut off. But that didn’t affect me because I can simply regrow them. Deimos was about to cut my head off but Marissa used the blood from a nearby corpse to make a blood scythe and cut off his arm with his sword in hand but he regrows it almost instantly . Deimos turns his attention to her now. She has no time to attack him again, he grabs her by the throat and lifts her off the ground.

“Before I said I will only take a sip of you blood but now I will drain every drop of it.” Deimos says now slightly annoyed.

Marissa grins then begins to laugh.

“What the hell are you laughing at!” Deimos yells now enraged.

“Because you are an idiot for thinking this was going to be a fair fight.” Marissa answers.

Deimos’s face goes from angry to shocked real quick when he realizes Skylar is behind him.

“And that's checkmate.” Skylar says before decapitating Deimos.

Skylar walk over to Deimos severed head and picks it up. Deimos is still alive, though he can’t harm us anymore because his body can’t move or even stand without his head.

“Savor this victory while you still can, it will all end soon.” Deimos says with a smug look on his face, he then begins laughing.

“What the hell are you laughing at? You lost.” Skylar ask.

“No, Skylar, you lost.” Deimos answers.

I return to my human form.

Just as soon as I do I hear Marissa scream in pain. I turn to face her and she drops to the floor pulling a syringe out of her leg.

“What the hell did you do Deimos!” I ask

“Right before Skylar decapitated me I injected her with that syringe. She didn’t feel it because the needle is to small.” Deimos explains.
“What the hell was in the syringe?” Skylar ask.

“My blood.” Deimos answers smugly.