25

By now we have made it to the big front doors of the hospital. I start to freak out really bad. My breaths start to get short and rushed, my hands start to shake. I stop walking. Nick looks at me with questions and nervousness in his eyes. He can't see me like this!

I turn away and run the length of the big, white building. "Wait!" Nick yells.

I keep running past the shrubbery and trees along the side of the hospital. My breathing is getting worse. I can't go on. My strides are getting slower. My speed is getting slower. I suddenly stop about five feet from the corner. I go up against the side of the building and slide down the rough wall.

Putting my head in my hands, I start to sob. The tears I hoped would not come back are speeding down my face, running from my red eyes.

I sit there, somewhat hidden by all the shrubbery. About a minute later, I hear my name get called by the boy I ran from. No, no, no! I try to get up so I can run again but I can't. So, I sit there and cry harder.

Nick must have heard my sobs because he found me pretty quickly. He pushes the shrubs out of his way and comes slowly over to me. "Hey." Nick says quietly. "It's ok."

But it's not! You don't understand, you can't see me this way. I want to scream but I can feel myself shutting down, slowly but surely. Nick comes closer and is now a foot in front of me. "It's going to be ok." He whispers.

I can feel my eyes starting to close. He must have realized I was going because he hugged me. "Stay with me, Jo." He says in my ear.

I try to stay awake but I can't. All I know is that I got picked up and was being carried.

*********************

Hey y'all!

Since I updated late last time I thought I would update again. Yay!

I feel bad for Jo. And Karen was not going with them to the hospital if that was confusing... she was outside the car last chapter because she was on the phone and was about to leave.

Vote* Comment* Share

- Batman <3