48

I must say: Putting on the brave face was easy when I saw that familiar truck driving down the street from my temporary room.

Ok that was a lie. It was tough. I may have freaked out and screamed. Nick came running in thinking that I had been murdered. I am glad he did come in though. but also a bit disappointed. I ended up crying. He did not mind. And neither should I have. I mean he saw me at the funeral. But I just kinda hate people seeing the tears come down my face. Nick hugged me until I stopped long enough to explain the situation.

About how my father's truck was going 30 miles per hour down his street. How I was sure he found me before I was ready. How I was not sure that my mouth would work to get him to answer my questions.

Of course Nick had to be logical. He pointed out that my father did not know I was staying at Nick's humble abode. I felt stupid and said somehing along the lines of "Oops. Sorry." and it goes on into a stupid apologizing rant. And now I feel somewhat embarrased because of it, but it isin the past.

So after that, we get to the now of the situation. We are sitting at the kitchen table; a stack of pancakes on both of our plates. Nick offered to make the to cheer me up and get my mind off the fact that my dad is back in town again.I have blocked his number on my phone, so I would not know if he tried to contact me that way.

"These are good." I say with a mouthfull of the fluffy food.

Nick laughs and replies with a "Thanks, Jo."

Suddenly, I stop eating and suggest a dance party.

"What?" Nick asks, shocked.

"A dance party. You know..." I trail off.

"Not really." Nick's cheeks burn slightly.

"It is where we play music and just dance like idiots." I explain my version.

"Oh. So we play random music and dance random moves." He looks to me for assurance.

"Yup."A smile is on my face. "Move furniture with me."

"Ok." We get up and tae our finished plates to the sink. After lleaving them there, we go move the couch annd coffee table, along with  the lamp to the walls.

I run up the stairs. "Wait!" Nick yells.

I stop. "What?" I complain.

"I thought we were dancing?"

"We are. Let me get my phone and speakers."

"Oh." Nick face palms and I laugh.

"I'll be right back."

"Yeah. Okay."

I rush the rest of the way up and into my room. After getting my fully charged phone and speakers, I go back down to the living room. "I'm back." I drag out the 'a.'

"Sweet." Nick says and I set it up.

The first song to come on is Love Don't Die by The Fray. I smile at the song that I absolutely love. Blasting the volume and belting out the words, I spin around and do the most embarrasing dance moves. At least I am not alone in my energetic dancing. Nick is doing the same shit. And we do it for about an hour and a half.