15

I wait on the grass for a few minutes. During that time I decide to see what my dad said.

He has not texted me in I don't know how long.

Dad: Hey. When you ran out your mom got pissed. Who knew how bad she really was? I am not going to kill you like her, I get y u left.

Dad: Ur probably not going to want to come back. Ur mom is drunk. I went through the cabinets in the kitchen and almost half of the top shelf was filled with beer and crap.

Dad: Just to be safe, will u tell me where u r?

That last one was sent about the same time as the one I read from Nick. And of course, Mom is drunk. Happens all the time. Except, most times she would have the decency to go to the bar instead of staying at home.

I call my dad. He has a right to know where I am going. I go to dial his number just as a car pulls up.

Nick hops out of the passenger seat. Guess I should call Dad once I get there. Be better then trying to tell him where I am going without knowing where it is exactly.

"Hey." I say pretty weakly.

"Hey, Jo. Sorry abo-"

"Please. Can we not talk about my family." I cut him off harshly, but I really do not want to.

"Ok. So would you like to come to my house or would you rather stay here? Looks like it is about to rain."

"Let's go to your house. I cannot be here any longer." I shiver and it is not because I am cold. Because of so many memories rushing through my head.

"Let us go then, Mylady." Nick bows and opens the door behind the driver's which has, I'm guessing, his mother in that seat.

I laugh slightly and get in. "Thank you."

"You are very welcome, my dear friend." Nick then shuts my door and goes around to the other side of the car. But, instead of going back to the passenger seat, he slides in next to me.

**************
Hey y'all!

So I have not been on and updating because of my birthday. We celebrated for a few days and then yesterday was my actual birthday. For that we went to the mall for like the whole day. Then we ate a crap ton of food and watched movies. It was fun.

                                 - Batman