Mend Your Heart

"Mommy, Jiwoo said her mommy and daddy aren't happy," Mayleen told Mark one day as Mark was teaching her how to bake a cake.

"Oh yeah? They're unhappy?" Mark frowns, going back to measuring flower and cocoa powder.

If it's one thing Mark knew about his friend, Seokjin and Namjoon were so in love with one another. They may fight and they may argue over a lot of things, but at the end of the day they love one another and will do anything for the other. Mark heard from Jackson that Namjoon was talking about a divorce, and he nearly marched over there to knock his teeth out. But, it's none of his business what goes on in his best friend's life and what happens to their marriage.

It's been a couple weeks since the incident happened, so Mark knows they must be still a bit tender to the memory.

"Yeah, she said they hardly talk, and when the do they're mean. She also said they don't hug or kiss anymore like you and daddy do in the mornings."

Mark pouts, brushing his hands through her hair, "Well, you don't have to worry about that baby. Me and daddy aren't going down that road."

"I know," she says sadly, "I don't like it that my friends are sad, because it makes me sad."

Mark hums, kissing the top of her head, "Let's finish this cake and we'll see if Seokjin and the girls can come over."

Mayleen was excited once she heard that, and forgot all about telling her mommy about her friend's and her parents home life. Mark has to admit, he needs to speak to Seokjin. He hasn't since that day, mostly because he was hurt by what happened, but he knows it's time to get over it and let it slide past their shoulders. It wasn't his problem, it was Kihyun's and Seokjin's.

Namjoon did tell Jackson and Mark that Seokjin did apologize, but he also told Jackson something that his husband will not share with him. He said it was between them since they were bros, which Mark didn't care one bit but it was still itching away at him and Jackson knew it was.

Shortly after their cake was baked, Mark puts it in the fridge for it to get cold so he can put the icing on it, then grabs his phone to send a text to Seokjin. He didn't say much, merely just telling him to come over and to bring the girls to which Seokjin just read it and not responded back. Mark sighs, he knows Seokjin will either come or he'll ignore him. Mark knows he told Seokjin to not speak to him, so maybe he's respecting Mark's wishes.

But Mark wants his best friend back, and wants things to go back to the way they were before the tension washed over them like this. Maybe things have washed off with him and Kihyun and they can all get along and be neighborhood friends. A knock was heard on their front door, and Mark checks the cake once more before going to answer the door. As soon as he opened the door, the girls smile and hug his legs, "Hello Uncle Mark!"

"Hello girls, Mayleen is in her room and we made cake for you guys!" Mark giggles, letting the girls pass by and they remove their shoes before running off to find their friend. Mark looks back at Seokjin, smiling slightly, "You know you're still my best friend and didn't have to knock."

"I wasn't sure if I could or not," Seokjin mumbles, looking down at the ground.

Mark snorts, "Get your ass in my house."

Seokjin giggles, slipping passed Mark and removing his shoes, "So, I have some news."

"Oh yeah? Namjoon has been filling us in on what's been going on. Care to fill me in?" Mark asks, sitting on the sofa with Seokjin as he faces the other.

"Well," Seokjin sighs, "I'm not sure how exactly to bring this up... So basically after everything that has happened, Namjoon went and filed for divorce-"

"What?!" Mark cries out loudly, "That bastard-" He stands, ready to go fight Namjoon but Seokjin stops him.

"Wait, let me finish," Seokjin says calmly, dragging mark back to the couch and sitting him down. He sighs, scratching his belly a little as he continues, "Well, about the time he told me... I had news of my own," Seokjin smiles, "I'm sixteen weeks pregnant."

Mark's mouth falls open and he looks down at the now noticeable curve on his best friend's midsection, "OH MY GOD!" He squeals, "You're pregnant?! How did you- Did you know and not tell me?!?"

"No!" Seokjin giggles, "I actually had no idea until we had a fight and I suddenly felt like I was going to puke, then when I did I didn't feel right especially doing that after a fight," Seokjin snorts, "I never puked until that moment when I was stressing. I never puked before when I was stressed. So that threw me off and I instantly went to take a test, and it came back almost instantly. I was thinking I was maybe eight weeks? Nope, they told me I was about fourteen."

Mark smiles, "Awww! Well, I guess I can tell you now," Mark smiles, "I'm also pregnant. But I'm just now at nine weeks."

Seokjin pouts and he moves to hug his best friend, "My bestie is pregnant and so am I. We'll be bump buddies!"

Mark clears his throat, "And Kihyun."

"Yeah... and Kihyun as well. But I don't think we're on that buddy scale yet I think we're still on the salty new neighbor scale."

Mark sighs, "Just give it some more time. How about I invite him over and we'll all have cake? Our husbands go out and grab drinks or meet up at houses for drinks so why don't we all meet up to have cake since we can't drink," Mark giggles.

"Sounds good to me!"

~•~

Mark answer the door when someone knocks on it and smiles, "I told you from now on just come on in you don't have to knock."

"I know but I would feel really uncomfortable doing that," Kihyun giggles.

"Don't, it's my house and I would honestly like it better than to have to heave myself off of my couch to go answer the door," Mark laughs, "Come in, me and Mayleen made cake earlier and I made some strawberry lemonade again."

Kihyun steps in the kitchen to see Seokjin and his smile drops slightly, nodding once to Seokjin as he takes a seat at the kitchen table across from the man. His bump was slightly bigger so he pushes his chair back slightly so he can fit, removing his jacket instantly, "It's too hot outside for a jacket but it was freezing earlier."

"The weather is starting to get colder though, don't let it fool you," Seokjin smiles slightly, Mark bringing the cake to the table and plates, "Unless you get hot flashes because I got those when I was pregnant."

"I get them, I have been here lately and the doctor said it was one of the disadvantages of the second trimester," Kihyun gasps, "It's almost October, oh my gosh," Kihyun sighs, placing a hand on his forehead, "How did time pass by so quickly?"

"Time passes when you're having fun," Mark giggles, cutting the cake evenly and handing a plate to his friends first, "Girl! Cake is done!"

Mayleen is the first in the kitchen, with her stuffed bunny, "Can we eat the cake outside?"

"Just as long as you don't feed the birds the cake, chocolate is bad for animals," Mark nods, carrying plates outside for them, "I'll be back guys." Mark isn't gone very long, but the silence between the two at the table is almost deafening as he comes back, "Now, what's something we can all gossip about until it's time to go home and make dinner?"

~•~

This chapter is done! I was a little stuck on this not going to lie so I'm sorry if it's shitty.