“You didn’t do anything. I’ve just been thinking.”

“About?”

I took a deep breath. “When Brock said I wasn’t like all the other girls you’ve been with…”

“Yeah?”

“Did you go out with them because you like that? Because if you do, this isn’t going to work. I know it sounds stupid, but I’m not ready for that amount of seriousness yet. I mean the-“

He laughed. “Remind me to tell Brock never to talk again.”

“What?”

“Andy, listen. I have gone out with some slutty girls, and sex was definitely part of those relationships, but I would never make a girl do something they didn’t want to do. I’m not as sex crazed as Brock makes me sound.”

“So you’re ok with moving slow? Like slower than normal because most of this is new to me.”

“I’m fine with it. I actually like it.”

“Why, because I’m different? Do you know how tired I am of hearing that? I don’t want to be different anymore. For once in my life I want to be part of something.”

“I wouldn’t like you the same way though. I like different.”

“I don’t.” I mumbled.

He reached over and grabbed my hand, kissing it. “Stop thinking about it.”

It’s something I can’t stop thinking about it. I’ve always thought about to some extent. Would I have had more guys like me if I was more like Cassie? I mean she doesn’t really sleep around that much, but she threw herself out there. She was always crazy and social. I’ve never been big on socializing at all.

“Andy.” Trevor said.

I really need to quit zoning out so much. “Yeah?”

“We’re here.”

I looked around and saw that there were no cars here at all. We weren’t even on a parking lot. I had never been to this part of the lake. I’m not even sure we were supposed to be here.

“Trevor where are we?” I asked hesitantly.

He smiled at me. “We’re at the lake.”

“Are we allowed here?”

“Not necessarily. Don’t freak out though because we won’t get caught. Brock and I have done this enough.”

Of course the little voice in my head was telling me not to do this. I could get in trouble. But I don’t want to listen to the voice in my head. I want to do something crazy and spontaneous for once in my life. Might as well trespass somewhere I’m not supposed to be. So I followed Trevor down to the sand.

“It’s about time you all got here. How long did you guys make out when I left?”

Trevor rolled his eyes and ignored him. “Where’s Megan.”

He shrugged. “She had to go back to the car. Seriously, you could have at least tried to hide your car a little bit.”

“I don’t see the point. No one ever comes back here anyway.”

“It’s better not to take a chance.”

“Do you usually hide the car?” I asked.

Trevor nodded. “Yeah, but there’s really no point. No one ever catches us and it’s not going to happen now.”

“Trevor, maybe you should…” My nerves were starting to show and he could tell.

“Hey. Just relax ok. This is supposed to be fun.”