Chapter 3

A/N: I'm on a roll! This is such a fun story to write! Ok, go read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, It was 2:45. I've given him 15 minutes to get here, and be sitting in the food court when I walk in. If he's not there, then I'm leaving, because I'm not sticking around to look like some idiot. I don't deal with humiliation well.

I got out of my car and walked to the entrance of the mall. As soon as I got in the door, I scanned the people sitting at the tables. I saw a brown head of hair facing away from me. He was occasionally looking around like he was expecting someone. I have to admit, I was a little shocked to see he even showed up.

I walked over to his table and sat down in front of him. Relief showed on his face as he smiled at me.

"I thought you weren't going to show." He said.

"I didn't think you would either." I told him.

His smile disappeared. "Why? Do I seem like the kind of person that would do that?"

"No."

"Then why did you think it?" He was mad.

I shrugged. "I've been stood up before. I guess I was just bracing myself for the worst."

"Oh." He looked down at the table. "Sorry."

"It's ok." I sighed and looked around. I wish he would just tell me why we're here and get it over with. This is kind of awkward.

"I've never stood a girl up. Did you know that?" He said suddenly.

Why is he telling me this? "No, I didn't."

"So if I ever ask you to go somewhere with me, I'll always show up."

I nodded. "I always show up too." I told him. "Besides, I pinky promised. Those are unbreakable."

He smiled. "I wonder who taught you that." He sounded ammused.

I looked at him wide eyed. "You...you remember that?"

"Of course I remember that. You never forget your first girlfriend." He leaned back in chair and grinned at me.

I sat back too, looking at him. Maybe he's not so different from sweet little kindergarden Trevor after all. Maybe he's still the same guy, only taller and with a better body. I need to stop staring though. I don't want to make him all cocky.

"Are you going to tell me why we're here?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath and bit his bottom lip, suddenly nervous. "I need your help."

What? Why in the world would Trevor Casey need my help? "With what?"

"How serious would you say your friend Kenny is with Kelly?"

I don't see where this is going, and I really didn't want to talk about Kenny at the moment. He has called me four times today and left three voicemails. They were all saying the same thing; "I'm so sorry Andy. Please talk to me." I'm not ignoring him because I'm mad. I'm ignoring him because those feelings I was having yesterday were a little too strong for my liking. I just need time apart from him.

"I guess they're pretty serious." I answered Trevor, "considering he ditched me for her yesterday to do God knows what."

"What do you mean? What were they doing?" He sounded a little pissed.

"Uh well I don't know exactly, but my guess is that Kelly wanted some Kenny love. If you know what I'm saying."

He narrowed his eyes. "I'm in love with Kelly." He said like it was nothing.