Chapter 31

"Trevor, get out of the car." I said, glaring at him.

He didn't move. He didn't even take his seat belt off. If this is how he is going to act the whole night then this is completely pointless. Kenny and Kelly were already here and had gotten a table. I had to let them get here first because I didn't want Kenny to bail at the last minute. I didn't plan on Trevor bailing.

"Fine, you stay in the car and I'll go in. I'm sure Kenny will love me showing up alone." I turned and started to make my way towards my mother's restaurant. Yes my mother is here. I thought maybe if something bad happened she would be able to come control it.

"Andy wait!"

I stopped and smirked back at him. "I knew that would get to you."

"You're evil."

I shrugged. "You chose me."

We walked in the door and I smiled at the host. They nodded at me and went back to the people waiting. My mom had told everyone that I was going to be here so they were expecting me.

I scanned the room and found Kenny and Kelly closer to the back. I was grateful for that. I hated sitting right in the middle of the room where everyone could stare at you and watch you eat.

Kelly saw me first and waved us over. If she wasn't ok with Trevor and I being together bothered her she sure as hell wasn't showing it. He smiled looked like it was going to push her cheeks right off her face.

"Hey!" She squealed as she pulled me into a hug.

I smirked over her shoulder at Kenny. He spent all day yesterday trying to convince me Kelly didn't want to come and that they weren't going to make it. Obviously he was wrong.

"You have know idea how happy I was when I heard you wanted to double date. I always feel like Kenny never spends enough time with you because of me, and we've never really done anything together. Now we all can!"

I laughed. "I guess we can. I'm glad someone is happy to be here."

She looked behind me at Trevor. "You don't want to be here either? Is that just a guy thing?"

I watched his reaction as she spoke to him. He didn't look to phased by it, but it seemed like he was trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

"I don't know what kind of thing it is." He mumbled.

She rolled her and sat back down next to Kenny. Trevor and I sat on the other side and started to look through the menu. Kenny didn't say anything to anyone until the waiter came and then it was only to order his food. No stupid comment or joke like he usually does, just his order and back to no talking. I was starting to get a little pissed. Kelly and I were the ones carrying on most of the conversation, but even Trevor would join in at times. He wasn't even trying. I guess it's time to force something out of him.

"Hi Kenny, how are you?" I asked him. My tone was a little harsher than normal and I knew he could tell.

He looked up at me with emotionless expression. "I'm fine." His tone matched mine in every way.

"You haven't said much."

"I don't have anything to say."

Kelly sighed. "Why are you in such a bad mood?"

He sighed back. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired."

I glared him. He's not tired, he's just being an ass. Why can't he make an effort? Is it too much to ask for him to be happy for me?

Kelly cleared her throat trying to make the awkwardness go away. When Kenny and I get into a stare down it's never good for the people around us. "So what have you guys done today? Anything fun before this?"