Chapter 4

"We need to talk!" Kenny burst through my bedroom door, making me jump. "What the hell? Put on some pants."

I looked down. "I'm wearing shorts."

"You consider those shorts?"

I rolled my eyes. "They're my pajama shorts. Most people don't come visit me at midnight, so I wasn't really concerned about the length of them when I bought them. Why are you hear this late anyway?"

"I just left Kelly's."

I nodded. I could have figured that out myself.

"We need to talk." He said again.

"About what?" I knew the answer to that. I just have to act like I'm oblivious to me 'liking' Trevor being a problem for him.

"You're brain!" He answered. "Trevor? Out of all the guys at our school, you choose Trevor?"

I looked at him. "Who would you prefer I choose?"

He thought for a minute. Did he know that was a rhetorical question? Apparently not. "Micky." He told me.

I laughed. "I'm not going to date someone named after a mouse."

"His real name is Micklson."

"Yeah, that makes it SO much better!" I yelled.

He sat on my bed and put his head in his hands. I don't know what to think about his reaction to all this. Is this just the act of pure friendship, or is he jealous? If he's jealous, this plan got easier.

"Kenny, what's the deal? Why are you so against me liking Trevor?" I asked.

He looked up. "I'm worried about you."

Ok, not the answer I was expecting. "Why?"

"You've always been careful. You have never really liked any guy in a boyfriend kind of way."

Lie. I like you that way. "So?"

He took a deep breath. "So I feel like you want to."

"What?"

"I thought about it, and the only way you would have convinced yourself that you like Trevor that way would be that you're tired of being single. You want a real relationship, so you start liking every guy that talks to you."

Was he serious right now?

"First of all, I'm perfectly fine being single. There's a hell of a lot more freedom. I don't have someone calling me all the time telling me I need to ditch my friends and come over to satisfy their needs. Second, I don't like every guy that talks to me. Most of them are jerks that think they're the best thing put on the planet. Third, you don't know Trevor, so you can't really judge him. Don't tell me that I don't know him either, because I know I don't. I never said I was in a relationship. I said there's a possiblity I could really like him. That means I will get to know him, and then if I feel like I like him enough, then I might date him. I can't believe you actually thought I was so alone that I would just start jumping anything that moves. I'm not some whore."

"Did I say you were?"

"In nicer words, yes."

He sighed. "Andy, you're not a whore. If that's what you heard when I said that, I'm sorry. You're just way too good to be going after someone like Trevor."

"Did he do something to you to make you hate him as much as you do?" I asked. He's definently holding a grudge or something.

"Not to me."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It's more about Kelly."

I froze. Kelly has told him about her and Trevor? Does she know he still likes her? Will she be able to see through the act?