Chapter 10

Silence is deafening. Ever heard that expression? I never really understood it until now. Maybe if Trevor had been the only one to stay, it would have been better. But he wasn't. No, Cassie thought it would be 'great fun' to stay for dinner too, so now I'm sitting next to my brother who is moping over her. I, personally, think she knows exactly what she's doing and just likes to see me suffer.

"So." Cassie started. Jake sat up a little straighter, like she was about to talk to him. "Who's your friend Andy?"

I felt Jake slump back down, purposely shoving me a little with his elbow. It's not my fault she talks to me. I'm her best friend!

"This is Trevor." I told her.

"Oooh. Your mall buddy."

"Mall buddy?" Mom asked.

I sighed. "Yeah mom. Trevor was the one I went to the mall with the other day. I told you about it...remember?"

She thought for a second. "Was that the day Kenny came over and you two got in an argument."

"Yes."

"Well then I remember." She smiled. "Do you know Kenny, Trevor?"

Stop asking questions woman!

"Yeah I know him." He answered. "I don't think he likes me all that much though."

She laughed. "Kenny not liking someone? That's a first. That kid has gotten along with every single person he's met since he was twelve."

That was so true. Kenny could make friends with someone five minutes after meeting them. He's just a really likable guy. It's actually one of the things I'm jealous of Kenny for. I want his ability to be liked by everyone.

"Well I guess I'm exception." Trevor mumbled.

I tuned this conversation out. Kenny isn't a subject I want to talk or hear about right now. I noticed Cassie sitting back in her chair grinning at her phone. No doubt she's texting what's his face. I glanced at Jake, who had also noticed. He looked like he wanted to rip the phone out of her hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Who are you texting Cassie?" He asked. I guess he finally got irritated enough.

"Kevin." She said, without looking up from her phone.

"Who's Kevin?" Mom asked. Oh yay, a new topic!

Cassie smiled. "He's this really cute guy I met at the mall the other day."

"The mall." Mom said. "Maybe you should go to the mall Jake. That seems to be a great place to meet people."

"I don't need to meet anyone mom. I already have a girl I like."

I closed my eyes. What is he doing?

"You do?" Cassie sat up a little straighter.

Jake smirked. "Yeah. She's great."

I so heard the double meaning there. Disgusting.

"Oh really?" Cassie asked, also hearing the double meaning. "What's her name?"

Jake only hesitated for a second. It was barely noticeable. "Jenna."

Jenna? Why did he use that name? That is the name of his ex from, like, eleventh grade. He really liked her at the time, but he got over her when Cassie and him started there little fling.

"As in your ex-girlfriend Jenna?" She asked. Now I know why he used Jenna. It apparently makes Cassie mad.

Jake grinned and nodded. I can't believe he was actually doing this to her.

My phone vibrated next to me.

Looks like we're not the only ones with a jealousy plan.

I looked up at Trevor. Jake wasn't trying to make Cassie jealous. Was he?

~~~

I'm exhausted. After Trevor and Cassie left, and my mom finally quit talking about how much she liked Trevor, I decided to have a little talk with Jake.

**

"Hey." I said, walking into Jake's room. "Can I talk to you?"

He sighed. "Let me guess. You don't want me taking advantage of Cassie, even though you are doing the exact same thing to Kenny."

How did he know any of that? "I'm not doing anything to Kenny. What you're doing to Cassie, is completely different anyway."

"Firstly, I'm not planning on hurting Cassie. I just want her to figure out she has the same feelings for me that I have for her. Secondly, you and that Trevor guy are up to somethin, and it has something to do with Kenny. I'm not sure what, but I know it does. I won't tell though, so the secret is safe with me."

I shook my head. None of this made sense. I come in here to tell him to stop what he's about to do to Cassie, only to find out, I'm doing the same thing. Does that make me a bad person?

"Look Jake, just don't take it too far ok."

He smiled at me. "I won't Andy, as long as you promise me you won't either."

**

Nothing made sense right now. When did Jake become the one that sounded smart? He is not supposed to be the one with common sense. That's my thing! How did he know about mine and Trevor's plan? Was it obvious? If it is, then maybe we should make it a little less obvious. And since when does Jake fall in love. He hasn't had a long term relationship since highschool. Now he's in love with Cassie? What's the world coming too?

I just need to sleep. Maybe I'll have some crazy, exotic dream, and forget all about this...or maybe I'll dream about the whole situation and wake up with more worries.

I could feel my eye lids getting heavy. Sleep. It will help everything. My phone vibrated, making me groan. Do people have to be so annoying?!

Be ready early. Part one of my 'make it up to you' plan is in the morning. I'll see you then. Night Andy :)

I stared at Kenny's message. What does he have planned? Well I'm definetly not getting any sleep now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I uploaded! I'm excited. Somehow I managed to get everything done, and type a chapter! I'm really tired though, so I'm going to keep this message short. What do you think Kenny is going to do? Ok, vote and comment! :)