Chapter 1

"Pinky promise?" He asked, holding out his pinky.

I looked at it, and then at the boy sitting next to me. Yesterday he's stealing my crayons, and now this? What's a pinky promise anyway?

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"It's the best kinds of promises in the world. You can never ever break them. Now give me your pinky." He told me.

I linked my pinky with his, and he smiled big. I couldn't help but smile back. He was cute. I can't wait to go home and tell my mommy that I got my very first boyfriend. Maybe we'll get married! How cool would that be?

"Ok kids, who wants to hear a story?" The teacher asked.

All the kids jumped up from their seats and ran to a spot on the rug. He grabbed my hand. "Come on Andrea. You can sit by me."

I would have told him that the only people that call me Andrea were my grandparents and teachers, and normally I would cringe away from the name, but I liked the way he said it. He didn't say it like he was critisizing. He said it like he liked me.

 "There's a stranger in my bed..."

I opened my eyes slowly. The light coming from my window blinded me, making me hide under the sheets.

"Glitter all over the room. Pink flamingos in the pool."

Ugh! Last Friday Night by Katy Perry was blaring out of my alarm clock. Why I was stupid enough to put it on the other side of the room, I will never know, but I hate myself for it.

"Come on Andy. The faster you get up, the faster the day is over." My mom poked her head in my room.

"Nooo!" I groaned.

I didn't want to get up. I want to stay in bed and finish that stupid dream. I'm not even sure why I like it so much. I haven't talked to Trevor in years. I see him everyday in the hall at school. We make eye contact, and occasionally smile or wave, but never anything more. He wasn't the most desireable guy in school. He was close, but not quite there. He wasn't a huge jerk, although he can be a player at times. Honestly, I had nothing against the boy, but I have that dream atleast once a month, and it makes me happier.

"Andy, seriously get up. You're going to be late for school." Mom told me.

I rolled my eyes, and dragged myself out of bed. Today is going to be another "I don't care what I look like because I have no one to impress" day. I threw on a pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt. I put my light brown hair in a ponytail, and clipped my bangs back. I didn't feel like dealing with them today. After a little mascara and eyeliner, I was ready. I'm simple like that.

I ran downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was standing at the counter looking at the paper, and drinking coffee.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yep."

"Ok, be good. Don't tell off any teachers." She told me.

I laughed and hugged her. That had become kind of an inside joke with us since my brother got kicked out of his college for cussing out a teacher...multiple times. I know we should probably frown on that, but all of us think it's very funny.

"I won't." I told her.

I drove to school and parked in my regular space. I always get here pretty early to get a good parking spot. I hate driving around looking for one.

"Andy!" I turned and saw Kenny running toward me.

"Hey Ken." I said.

"Hey, have you seen Kelly?"

I rolled my eyes. Leave it to Kenny to ask where his girlfriend is instead of actually having a conversation. "She's obviously not here yet." I told him.

"Whoa ok. The hostility needs to be toned down." He said.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, but you can't ditch me for your girlfriend everyday."

"Am I sensing some jealousy?" I heard the ammusement in this voice. I had a huge crush on Kenny a couple years back, but I got over it. Someone told him about it last year and he swears I still like him.

"No Kenny." I growled.

"Yeah, sounds like it." He laughed.

I shook my head and spotted Kelly. "There's Kelly. Run to her."

"Are you sure? I don't want to break you heart or anything."

"Kenny!"

"Ok, fine. I'll see you later."

He walked away and I went to my first class. I was really early so I decided to do the homework I didn't do last night. Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.

I was on the last math problem and I couldn't figure it out. I need a freaking calculator! Of course I don't have one.

"If you multiply up there, you will save a lot of time." Someone said beside me. I looked over and saw Trevor. "Sorry, it just looked like you needed some help."

"Don't be, because I do, I mean I did. You told me what to do, so I guess I don't need it anymore. Thanks." I smiled.

"No problem. So...how have you been?" He asked.

I laughed. "You mean since we last talked in sixth grade? I've been great."

"Has it really been that long?" He asked, almost to himself.

"Well I think I bumped into you once and said sorry, and you said that it was ok. Other than that, yes, it's been that long." I said.

"Well we can't let that happen anymore can we?" He asked.

What? "Um, I guess we can't."

"So we'll have to catch up sometime." More people were starting to come in the classroom, so he had to go to his seat.

"Ok." I said, looking back down at my paper.

"You can't bail on me."

I smiled. "I won't."

"Pinky promise?"

I looked up. He was holding his pinky out to me. I bit my lip, trying not smile. This reminded me so much of the dream it wasn't even funny.

"Yeah, pinky promise." I linked my pinky with his.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: New Story! I have no idea if I'll continue this or not. I just want to see if you all like it or not. So vote and comment! :)