Chapter 16

"What?!" I yelled, jumping up out of the chair in the library.

"Shh!" Trevor said. He pulled me back down. "You're going to get us kicked out of here."

I tried to process what he was saying. "...Why?"

"Andy, this isn't a big deal. My parents aren't that bad. You met them in kindergarten. Remember?"

I rolled my eyes. "No. I don't remember Trevor. I was four!"

"Five."

"Whatever! How do they even know about me?"

"Yesterday Tristan was at my house, and he was talking about how we have started spending a lot of time together. I kept telling him there was nothing going on and that we were just friends, but he wouldn't shut up and my mom over heard him. She really wants to meet you now."

"But why?" I asked. I'm sure Trevor's parents haven't met every single girl he hangs out with. If that was the case, Trevor would be in an all boys school.

"I don't know. Apparently I've been acting different and thinks it's because of a girl." He rolled his eyes.

I looked down at the table. "Have you been acting different?"

He scoffed. "I don't know. If I have, it sure as hell isn't because of a girl."

Ouch. "Oh."

He looked up with wide eyes. "Andy, I didn't mean that-"

"It's ok Trevor. I really don't care. It just would have been cool knowing someone had changed because of me. I know you didn't mean anything by it."

We werw quiet for a long time. I don't think he knew what to say. It's not like he made feel bad. I got a little too hopeful. Trevor and I are friends pretending to having something more. Why would he ever change for me?

"They'll like you," he said. "You're different from all the other girls they have met. I've brought home a lot of slutty girls and they hate it. You won't even have to try to impress them Andy."

I sighed. They already expect me to meet them so I can't really say no. "I guess I'll go. I mean what choice do I have?"

He smiled. "You're the best Andy."

"So I've been told." I grinned.

"This Friday. I'll pick you up. Ok?"

I nodded. "Ok. Do I need to wear anything special?"

"Andy...it's my parents, not the queen. What you're wearing now would be fine."

"Yeah ok. Sorry, I'm just stressed."

"Hey," he pulled my chin up to look at him. "Don't stress. It will be fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive."

This is something I'm just not ready for. I wasn't planning on meeting Trevor's parents for at least a month. I mean, we just started the talking, fake talking, a few days ago.

Trevor stood up as the bell rang. "I have to go. I can't be late to this class. Are you coming?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm going to sit here for a little bit."

"Ok. I'll see you later." He started to leave but stopped. "Don't over think this Andy. It won't be bad."

Yeah right. They'll probably hate me. They won't think I'm right for their son. I'll probably be laughed at as soon as I get in the door. I groaned and laid back on the couch. What have I gotten myself into?