Chapter 18

"Ok," I laid two outfits on the bed. "Which one?"

Kenny sighed. "I don't care. I mean they're both fine."

Ugh! This is where having a guy bestfriend sucks. They couldn't care less what you wear. Actually they would probably prefer we wear nothing at all.

"Well which one do you think I would look hotter in?"

"Is that what you're going for? You wanna look hot for the rents?"

"No. I want you to answer this question so I can choose the opposite outfit." I told him, smiling.

"Ooh! Because if I tell you the outfit that looks hottest, then the one I didn't choose has to be the presentable one."

"I'm glad you understand. Now choose."

He smiled. "I think they're both hot."

I glared at him. He's about to get smacked. "Kenny. Be serious please"

"Ok, sorry. The dress is too dressy. Go with the jeans."

"Thank you." I said and ran to the bathroom to change. Now that my outfit is out of the way, I just have my hair and make up to do and I'll be good. Kenny is going to go crazy when he learns he has to help me figure out what to do with my hair. He hates it enough when he has to help me get ready for things. I'm sure he hates it even more now that he is helping me get ready for an evening with Trevor.

I went back to my room and smiled sweetly at Kenny. "Hey."

He looked me up and down. "Maybe I chose wrong. You look pretty hot."

"You know what? I don't care anymore. We're moving on."

"Moving on? Moving on to what? We just spent two hours on you damn outfit. What else can you possibly need to do?"

I knew he would be mad. "My hair. It won't take that long."

"What's wrong with it?"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't like it."

"I will never understand girls and their brains." He mumbled.

"Yeah well I'll never understand guys and their brains either. Now, should I curl it or straighten it?" I asked.

"Curls. There's something about curls that turns me on." He smiled to himself.

I shook my head. "I'm not looking to impress you Ken."

"You asked."

"What kind of curls?" I asked.

"There's different kinds?"

"Yes Kenny!"

He sat up. "I'm sorry Andy! I thought a curl was a curl!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

"You started it!"

I glared at him, and he glared right back. Sometimes I wonder what I've seen in him. "Ok look, I can have curling iron curls, or the gel curls. Gel would look more natural."

"Go with the curling iron curls."

"Big or small? I like them big myself."

He chuckled. "That's what she said."

"Feel free to leave whenever." I told him.

"God Andy, get a sense of humor."

"I have a sense of humor! I just wish you would be serious every now and then Kenny. Everything has to be a joke to you. Well you know what? I'm stressing out like crazy and I would appreciate it if you would be even the slightest bit encouraging!"