Chapter 34

When we got to the fair, Riker and I argued about paying for my bracelet. I told him I would pay but he just insisted on buying it.

"If you buy my bracelet, I won't kiss you for a whole week!" I threatened with a smile. Riker clasped his hand over his heart and kissed me. I smiled when we pulled back and payed for my bracelet.

"What ride are we going on first?" Ross asked as he clasped his plastic green bracelet on. I looked at all of the rides in my view, insanely fast spinning ones to little kiddy rides. There was a fun house of mirrors and a tunnel of terror.

"Lets go on the tilt a whirl!" Rydel squealed and we all filed into the ride. I took out my phone and handed it to Rydel, she took the best pictures, and jumped on Riker's back. I put on my best smile and stayed up there as she handed me my phone.

"You guys are just too cute!" She commented.

Riker sighed, "I try, I try."

I posted the picture to Instagram and captioned it, "The fair with my love 💖". I put my phone in my purse and got off Riker's back as we came to the front of the line. When the attendant opened the gate, I showed him bracelet and waited for Riker so we could sit together.

"Lets get the cow!" I piped. The tilt a whirls were all huge farm animals this year and I dashed to the cow. We put on our seat belts and waited.

"I'm always scared that I'm on the ride that will break." Riker confessed. "What if I die?"

I smirked, "At least you'll die happy." I kissed him as the ride started to move. It was slow and kind of relaxing at first, then a fast upbeat song started blasting through the speakers and the ride started to spin fast. I squealed and laughed as little butterflies swarmed in my stomach. It felt great, a relieve from everything that's happened to me.

I looked at Riker who was smiling and pointing as Ross was clutching to Ryland as their pig zipped by. I laughed at them, the looks of terror on their faces amusing. The ride stopped a few minuets later and I got off feeling giddy.

"Whoo hoo! Adrenaline rush!" I yelped when we all gathered together again. I saw Rydel talking to a guy and she was smiling and having a great time. I heard my phone ding with a text alert and I read it.

Rydelly Belly: Met this AMAZING guy on the ride! Going to walk around with him for a while! Xx

Me: You go gurl! I'll tell the others! No kissing! Lol. Love youuu!

"Rydel is with a boy and will meet up with us later! For now, lets get on that!" I jumped around and pointed at the Egyptian Ship. I managed to take a selfie of Riker and I right at the peak of the ride. Rik's hair was everywhere and we were all smiles. We went on a few more fast rides before my stomach started to rumble.

"We're going to get some food, guys." Riker told Rocky, Ryland, and Ross.

"Okay. We're going to the fish booth. See ya!"

Riker and I walked to a concession stand and I got a burger and Riker got a hot dog. We are at a table and Riker, a true comedian, made me laugh with his pathetic attempts at comedy. Our fair food dinner was interrupted by a young girl and her mom. The little girl was about seven years old and she didn't have any hair. Her big brown eyes shown with excitement as her mom spoke up.

"Sorry for disrupting but Lucy here is a big fan of R5 and freaked out when she saw you guys." I slid out from my seat and knelt down on the ground to Lucy's height.

"Hi sweetie! I'm Marilyn." I hugged her and she smiled. Riker joined me on the ground and hugged her too.

"You're so pretty! Riker is a lucky boy!" Lucy squealed and I smiled at him. I picked up Lucy and coddled her into my chest the way I did with Lexi.

"Thank you. But you're beautiful too. I wish I was as beautiful as you are. Will you do me the honor of taking a picture with Riker and me?"

Lucy just about exploded when I sat her down in my lap. Riker sat beside her and her mom took a picture of us.

"It's great to meet you! Bye Lucy!"

"Bye Riker! Bye Marilyn!" She waved and Riker hugged me.

"You're too nice." He kissed my neck and I smiled.

"Ready for some more rides?" I asked as I threw our trash away. As we waited in line for the Tunnel of Terror and I tweeted some of the fans. They had tweeted me things like this:

"@rikers_bae69 : Marilyn is such a lucky girl! ILYSM and I hope I get to meet you one day!"

"@meganlynch99 : Riker and Marilyn is my OTP! I dream of meeting you two! LOVE YOU GUYS 💖💕"

I smiled as I tweeted them back.

"@thenewmonroe: thank u lovely ladies so much! but i won't be joining the band in tour. maybe in the future. xo 💜"

Riker spoke, "They love you almost as much as I do." His lips touched my cheek and I stepped into the cart. I watched the last riders come out and they seemed beyond spooked.

"If I get scared, you're buying me cotton candy." I teased as the car jerked forward. I grabbed Riker's hand harder then I meant to when we entered the tunnel. It wasn't scary at first, but an ear piercing scream made me jump out of my skin. Flashing lights made my vision distorted as we sharply turned, forcing my body into Riker's. A dead corpse popped out of a coffin and waved its rotten, boney hand.

"Ew." I grimaced. There was more flashing and screams from fellow riders. Right when we started to go towards the light, our car turned an went deeper into the tunnel. There was more dead bodies and mortified animal and insects that made me shiver. When we finally started going to the exit, a door shook. This door blocked us from the outside. I whimpered. Then, a monster that looked half demon jumped put from the door and growled. I screamed, so high pitched, it made my whistle notes sound low. The door opened and we reached the outside.

"Finally!" I cheered and jumped off I the car as soon as it stopped. I saw Ross and Rocky and walked toward them.

"We heard your scream. I'm pretty sure some kids glasses broke when he walked by." Ross laughed. I flipped Riker off with a smile.

"I hate you for making me go through that tunnel of, hell. But other than that, you're a great boyfriend." I hugged him and rested my head on his chest. I felt the vibrations in his chest as he spoke.

"I owe Marilyn some cotton candy. Do you want to come with?"

I heard Rocky say, "Sure, I'm hungry anyway." We all walked to a near by food stand and ordered our food. We were all about done with the rides, so now it was time for the booths! I munched on the pink cottony candy Riker bought me as I saw Rydel with a huge pink monkey.

"Thanks for winning this, Ben." She giggled. The guy had brown hair and brown eyes, a muscular build. "I'll text you later." Rydel kissed his cheek and smiled as he walked away. I wiggled my eyebrows at Rydel.

I cooed. "That's adorable."

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes and cuddled the monkey to her chest. "I really like him. Even more than I Ike Ell."

"I'm so happy for you Dells," I hugged her. "Now, lets see if Riker can win me a new cuddle buddy."