Chapter 22

~Marilyn's POV~

On Monday, I met with my aunt and we discussed songs I could sing in the talent show. Most of them were some of my mom or dad's old favorites, At Last by Etta James, for example. I still hadn't decided yet. The whole day was the same old same old, go to school, talk to Riker, do homework, tutor Riker, go home. After I ate dinner and was putting on my pajamas, my phone rang and I saw Rydel was calling.

"Hey Delly!" I answered gleefully.

"Hey Marilyn," I heard her sniffle and could sense her gloomy tone. "I need some advice."

"What's wrong?" I asked as I slipped on my tank top and took a seat at my mirror to take off my makeup.

"I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me." Rydel sobbed into the phone.

"Rydel that's awful!" I wished I could comfort.

"He was a great liar because I would've never expected it from him!"

"What's his name?" I worried.

"Jai." I instantly knew who she was taking about, Hanna's Jai!

"Rydel, I'll call you right back." I hung up and dialed Hanna's number.

"What do you want?" She spat.

"Well hello to you too. How are things with Jai?" I rolled my eyes.

"Great! In fact he finally dumped the other bitch he was seeing." I could almost hear the smirk in her voice.

"Well that 'bitch' is Riker's sister. And I hope you know that he'll do anything for her Hanna. So I suggest you watch your back."

"And what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to watch as the queen bee and her idiotic boyfriend loose their crowns." I hung up and called Rydel back, cooing soothing words to her and talking to Riker for a while.

"I can't believe I used to be besties with that whore." I snarled into the phone.

"Baby calm down," Riker said. "Don't get worked up, I'll just make sure that both of sides of this evil scheme to break my baby sister's heart won't be able to walk again." I rolled my blue eyes and ran my hand through my hair.

"Okay okay." I sighed, glancing at the clock seeing the late time. "It's past midnight."

"Alright. I love you and don't stress!" I laughed at his cheekiness.

"I love you too." I hung up and tossed my phone on my night stand and clapped to turn off my lights, causing myself to fall into an entrancing sleep.

------------

At school, I was adjusting the belt on my high waisted jeans with the ends cuffed and fixed my hot pink suspenders. I was dressed like a nerd, black v-neck, suspenders, and I had on my square glasses all tied together with my converse.

"You look adorable." Riker pecked my nose as he stopped at my locker. He reached into my top shelf, the one I could hardly reach, and pulled out my gum, helping himself to the variety. I chose some Hubba Bubba and blew a big bubble. I sucked in it my mouth before Riker could pop it.

"What's it been like from Hanna and Jai?" I asked, gathering my binder and English book.

"A series of unfortunate events." We chuckled and I shut my locker. We headed down the hallway together and I felt a foot sweep under mine that sent me to the floor, scattering my binder and books across the halls.

"I thought I'd be done with the bullying since I got hot." I huffed and Riker helped me up, snarling at the person who tripped me.

"Are you alright?" Rocky asked joining us and helping me up. Riker handed over my belongings and I smiled at him.

"Yeah, but watch out for Hanna and Jai." I warned him and skipped down the hall to English. I sat at my desk and watch as Tris and Hanna strutted in and shot lasers at me with their eyes.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Hanna smirked at me. I ignored her and grabbed my fluffy pink pen and my notebook and begin today's entry.

"Write a five line paragraph about your high school experience and how you have changed since coming in as a freshman." I read the prompt out loud.

"You didn't change sweetie. Boys still avoid you like you're last weeks garbage." Hanna cackled.

"You haven't changed either. You're still the hateful bitch that only has one friend." She rolled her eyes and took out her pen and paper in a huff.

"Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there." I whispered as I began my poem and turn it in, cracking open my book and waiting for Ms. Williams' instructions.

"Students," She stood up revealing her tall, thin frame. Ms. Williams was always like your best friend because she knows what it's like to be a teen because she was one ten years ago. "I've noticed how you've all blossomed from the time I first had you all in ninth grade. Therefore I am going to have a small award ceremony." She reached behind her desk and pulled up a large plastic bag.

"Hanna come here please." She stood up and crossed to the front of the room, twisting her butt as she walked. Ms. W handed her a box of War Heads and Hanna's face scrunched in confusion. "You are still like you were when you were a freshmen, bitter." Her comment left Hanna's mouth a gape as she snatched the candy and stalked to her seat. I had to bite my hand to keep my self from laughing. Other kids let their laughter roar, even Tris a little bit.

"Marilyn you're next." I sauntered to the front of the class and saw her pull out a bag of Dove Chocolate. "You've always told me how everyone would bully you but you've always been peaceful, like a dove." I smiled and hugged my teacher and take my seat as we finish the period with candy awards.

--------------

"Do you want some popcorn?" I asked Riker as I dug out the corn kernels. We were at my humble abode, studying.

"Yeah!" He cheered and continued to work on his long division. I'm proud of both him and myself because he's now a straight A student.

"Butter, garlic, or hot sauce?" I listed the topping options.

"Garlic if that's okay with you babe." I felt my stomach do a back flip at his words. A smile crept across my face as I put the popcorn in the microwave and dug out a big bowl. I glanced over his shoulder just as he finished and circled his answer.

"Good job!" I praised him, seeing he got the correct answer without my help.

"All because of you. Thanks." He smiled at me and I ruffled his hair. I put my completed homework in my backpack and poured us some soda. The microwave beeped and I reached in to get the popcorn, but Riker moved in front of me.

"Hey!" I whined.

"It's too hot for you." He replies as he tore the bag open, shaking it into the dish.

"Right, too hot to handle. Like me." I smirked as I spread the garlic powder on the snack. Riker playfully shoved me and headed into the basement, leaving me to grabb our drinks. I turned on the tv and went to Netflix, snuggling into Riker's tall from.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked him, scrolling around.

"Something scary," He said and I went through the horror film options, stopping when he said, "Oh! Oh! That one!"

"Killer Clowns from Outerspace?" He confirmed by shaking his head and I clicked on the movie, nuzzling into Riker's body. I stuffed popcorn in my mouth and waited for the horror film to start.

--------------

A/N: Not much happening in this chappy :(

So ya! There will only be about 23 more chapters then it's sequel time! 😁

Comment titles for the sequel! I've been thinking the following.

"Everything Has Changed."

or

"Better Together."

So if you like any of those then comment telling me which one and anything you come up with! 😜

ALSO PM ME FOR IDEAS ABOUT THE NEXT CHAPTER! 😘

Xx. 💗